almiraqaAvatar border
TS
almiraqa
4 Kemampuan Ini Bisa Membantu Kamu Belajar Bahasa Inggris Lho!
Nowadays, the development of technology and information is increasingly spreading through the internet. Especially on social media, various types of media display information in the form of writing, photos, and videos. Most Indonesian people have mastered English. However, there are still many who are not proficient in English. This is due to the use of smartphones with free internet access, regardless of age and gender, and no higher education is required to be able to use smartphones.

Well, this time I try to give some advise to all of you who are just learning or are improving your English skills. Let's see the explanation!

Mastering English requires certain skills. These capabilities include:

1. Listening
2. Reading
3. Writing
4. Speaking

Well, these 4 skills are also used in English proficiency tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, and TOEIC. Even though you can already do these 4 skills, it's not necessarily that you can pass the test as I mentioned, but you still have to practice because the test not only assesses our abilities but we are also in a race against time.

Let's discuss them one by one. You can start from the order I showed above.

1. Listening
Listening can be the first step to getting to know English. As we know, in this digital era, all entertainment media is equipped with interesting videos with English audio. Well, if you are a good listener, you will feel at home in this Listening section. You can practice listening to western songs, watching western movies, listening to podcasts, or interviewing Hollywood artists.

By doing this, we will get used to hearing English. So, we can understand and distinguish what accent the speaker is using and also make it easier for us to catch the speaker's intent if he speaks quickly.

2. Reading
You must be thinking that reading is the easiest of those skills, right?. I tell you what, in English itself, there is a technique called Reading Comprehension where you are not only required to be able to read, but also to be able to interpret the words in the sentences that have been read. This technique is very different from reading in general.
To practice this skill, you can try reading comics, reading novels, poetry, short stories, or reading subtitles when watching movies. Of course, read English texts!

3. Writing
Does anyone have a hobby of writing? Well, you can improve the skill again. Of course, writing is also needed in mastering languages, including English. The vocabulary used must also be improved when writing a text such as argumentative text, procedure text, and other types of text.

For beginners, I recommend trying to write song lyrics. The trick is when you listen to a song that relates to your situation or a song that is currently viral. Try reading the lyrics of the song first, then try to write it down, and don't forget to find out what it means first so you can understand the content of the song better. Another option is to write poetry or quotes on social media, without us realizing it by writing simple things we are practicing skills, you know!

4. Speaking
The last one is speaking, for some people speaking is the most difficult of the three previous skills. As native Indonesians, we use Indonesian as our mother tongue, which has a very different accent from that of English. Well, to speak, you have to practice often by recognizing the letters first, as well as how to pronounce them so that there are no mistakes in understanding the meaning of the words we convey.
How to train this skill, you can try the following things. After watching a western series or film, you can try to imitate the speaking style of the movie actor you are watching. You can also find friends who can speak English, so you can exchange ideas by speaking in English. 

Well, that's all the thread for practicing skills in English. I hope it's useful and if you have any questions, just ask. I'll try to reply if I can. 

Thank you!

Diubah oleh almiraqa 04-12-2021 06:36
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan