nonasaiofAvatar border
TS
nonasaiof
How Young Papuan Community In Arguni Celebrate Indonesia 75th Independece Day
To celebrate Indonesia Independence Day this year, on August 17 my brother and his team decided to display Indonesian flag on a cliff in our village Arguni, Fakfak. The idea itself comes from my father who would like to have something different this year. 

Some people when they think of Papua, the first thing that probably comes to their mind is either poverty or Papuan people want to be separated from Indonesia and the list goes on. Well yes we have poverty, health problems, and expensive prices, yet at least we are very honest people when displaying disagreements from our voice intonation and facial expression.

Back to the topic. The idea came so sudden, about two weeks prior to August 17. My brother started to do fundraising to buy the fabric for a customized flag, helmets, and all the logistics needed for the climbing event. He also reached out to the young people community in town to collaborate such as Fakfak Mengajar, Fakfak Freediver, Jelajah Fakfak and many more. On the other hand, my dad was taking care of the logistics on the venue such as preparing the “para-para” to sit and the floating floor for landing.

At first they thought it was only a community event, then the news got spreaded, many people confirmed they would attend and it was discussed among the villagers leaders which made them decide to hold the district ceremony in Arguni. 

During the event, many people came with their boats, they also sang patriotic songs while waiting for the flag to be rolled down. There was an incident where the right part of the flag was torned, yet overall it went ok.

I think some important things that are highlighted here not only about the Independence celebration, but the activity also showing the tourism potential that can be done in Fakfak from snorkeling to rappelling, it is exposing my brother to have the ability to bridge the communication between the old school village leaders to millennials, and spirit of collaboration from communities to run an event.

Pembentangan Bendera Merah Putih Di Tebing Pari Arguni Kab. Fakfak Papua Barat

Diubah oleh nonasaiof 23-08-2020 04:13
BibalinhgumAvatar border
tien212700Avatar border
tien212700 dan Bibalinhgum memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan