Florida Law Firm Sues Chinese Regime for Mishandling Virus
NEW YORK—The damage has been done, but as long as the pandemic from sustained human-to-human transmission of the CCP virus, which originated from Wuhan, China, continues, businesses and people are likely to take more losses.
NTD refers to the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, as the ‘CCP virus’ because the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP’s) coverup and mismanagement allowed it to spread throughout China and become a global pandemic.
In light of the harm, a Florida law firm is suing the People’s Republic of China for its mishandling of the CCP virus outbreak. They claim that their clients “have or are virtually certain to suffer physical illness or death, as well as emotional distress” because of the pandemic, which has now hit the United States.
“We feel that the Chinese government knew about the disease,” said senior litigation strategist of The Berman Law Group Jeremy Alters in an interview with NTD News. “They knew about the virus, they did nothing to contain it, and they tried to protect their own economic self-interest, and didn’t disclose what they knew, until it was too late, and it became a widespread pandemic thereafter.”
He said they have reason to believe that the CCP knew the virus was a problem before Jan. 1. The initial complaint cites a series of events that accuses the communist regime of deceptively downplaying the outbreak.
The events included the eight doctors who were censored by the CCP when they tried to raise the alarm about the SARS-like virus. It also accuses the CCP of withholding the COVID-19 genome sequence for over two weeks before making their findings public.
Alters said those 17 days were important and could have made a big difference. He added that the damages are mounting.
“But we won’t know the extent of the damage until, hopefully very soon, this all passes,” he said.
“But once that is done, I expect it to be in the hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars, that we will be seeking. Will we recover that?
“Again, that is up to China’s participation, and up to China to take responsibility for what they’ve done,” he saud.
And if China doesn’t cooperate, Alters said there are ways to get them to participate in the case. He said the case attorneys can ask the court to seize the regime’s property, like ships coming into the United States, to pressure them to cooperate.
Many More Plaintiffs
At the moment, five plaintiffs are listed in the initial complaint. All are individuals and business owners who have already suffered from the unfolding pandemic.
One of the plaintiffs owned a company that taught children how to play baseball. Alters said that the pandemic has led that business to shutter.
He added that the company may end up bankrupt and out of business.
However, the law firm is planning to add many more plaintiffs onto the suit, representing different sectors of society. Alters also said that Chinese people have contacted the law firm to share their sufferings.
“We have had hundreds of calls—hundreds of calls—including people from China who have emailed us or gone onto our website and talked to us about this disease and how it’s affected them,” he said. Alters emphasized that the suit is against the People’s Republic of China—not the Chinese people. He said they believe the people of China were also misled by the communist regime about the virus.
A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus
He could have taken action. He didn’t.
By David Leonhardt
March 15, 2020
President Trump spoke at the Latino Coalition Legislative Summit in Washington on March 4.
President Trump spoke at the Latino Coalition Legislative Summit in Washington on March 4.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times
President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”
The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
By this point, the seriousness of the virus was becoming clearer. It had spread from China to four other countries. China was starting to take drastic measures and was on the verge of closing off the city of Wuhan.
In the weeks that followed, Trump faced a series of choices. He could have taken aggressive measures to slow the spread of the virus. He could have insisted that the United States ramp up efforts to produce test kits. He could have emphasized the risks that the virus presented and urged Americans to take precautions if they had reason to believe they were sick. He could have used the powers of the presidency to reduce the number of people who would ultimately get sick.
mungkin pemerintah USA frustasi tidak bisa mengatasi wabah ini sehingga menyalahkan china, sejak awal lockdown, USA adalah negara pertama yg mengevakuasi warganya dari wuhan, twit trump memuji china berkali2 sampai akhirnya twitnya berubah
mestinya dalam 2 bulan USA bersiap diri menghadapi wabah, namun mereka tdk berbuat apa2 sampe wabah mulai mengganas, mereka baru kelabakan, banyak perusahaan USA pesan masker dan ventilator ke perusahaan china namun tidak dikirim
terakhir konpres terlihat betapa bingung dan frustasinya trump