suryawan97Avatar border
TS
suryawan97
Why Indonesian Children are not good enough at English?
Why are many Indonesian children not able to speak English?

Have you ever wondered why many Indonesian children are not good enough at English? If you have, then we have the same thought in mind.

Not all of our children are able to speak English. If they do, usually they are children who are rich enough to go to English private course.

But, how about others? How about the "ordinary" children who can't afford to go to English course and just learn from school?

All of you may have various answers or reasons for that question. Whether the answer is based on the data or your own experiences. In this thread, I am gonna tell you some of the reasons based on my life experiences as an English learner and a teacher as well. Without any further do, let me begin.

1. Laziness
This is one of the common reasons why children are not good enough at English. Laziness drives a child to fool around and not willing to study. Even the worst thing is that Laziness leads to children's ignorance in English class. So if the children don't get rid this bad habit, then no matter how good the teacher is, the learning process probably will be ineffective.

2. Meaningless
Meaningless generally means something that is lack of importance. In common English class, children usually are not aware why they should learn English, why they should differentiate which one is simple present tense and which is simple past tense. Therefore, this will make the children only study just to get high score in the exam and tend to memorize the concept instead of understanding it.

3. FEAR
Another reason is the fear of learning English. Children in Indonesia are usually afraid of being judged in learning English. They are afraid of mispronouncing words, being unable to answer their English teacher's questions correctly, and many more. This fear only makes children being insecure and it will take a lot of time to make them confident in learning the language. If only their English teacher would tell them that it is okay to make mistake in English, I bet the students would not be afraid anymore. But, the reality shows not all teachers do that.

Well, those are three reasons why children in Indonesia are not doing well in English language. Actually, there are many more reasons why it is happening, but it will be such a boring thread if I talk a lot. So I only state 3 reasons

Thank you so much.

Note: I also want to apologize for my ignorance since I don't know the rules of this forum. Hopefully, the "admin" will read it and forgive me by unpinning my previous thread and let me to delete it.
Diubah oleh suryawan97 29-12-2019 14:41
goal481Avatar border
tata604Avatar border
tata604 dan goal481 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan