How to Make Indonesian Satay - Satay is a food from Southeast Asian, especially Indonesian, dish of marinated, bite-size pieces of meat, skewered, barbecued, and usually served with a peanut-flavored dipping sauce. modern Indonesian and Malay spelling of sate, is a dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce.Satay may consist of diced or sliced chicken, goat, mutton, beef, fish, other meats, the more authentic version uses skewers from the midrib of the coconut palm frond, although bamboo skewers are often used. These are grilled or barbecued over a wood or charcoal fire, then served with various seasonings.
Satay is a very popular delicacy in Indonesia; the country's diverse ethnic groups' culinary arts (see Indonesian cuisine) have produced a wide variety of satays. In Indonesia, satay can be obtained from a travelling satay vendor, from a street-side tent-restaurant, in an upper-class restaurant, or during traditional celebration feasts. Indonesia is the home of satay, and satay is a widely renowned dish in almost all regions of Indonesia; it is considered the national dish and one of Indonesia's best dishes.Satays, in particular, are a staple in Indonesian cuisine, served everywhere from street carts to fine dining establishments, as well as in homes and at public gatherings. As a result, many variations have been developed throughout the Indonesian Archipelago. In Indonesia there are several types of satay is satay madura, satay padang, satay maranggi,satay tegal, satay loso, satay ponorogo and many more. Because of the delicacy satay, many tourists ask? How to Make Indonesian Satay ? therefore I will share the recipe on this article.
Recipe of Authentic Satay Padang with Peanut Sauce
Ingredients and seasonings :
- ½ kg beef, cut into small according to taste
- ½ kg of a mixture of offal
- 1 beef tongue, small pieces according to taste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 2 cm galangal, crushed
- 1 sheet turmeric leaf
- 4 lime leaves
- 500 ml water
- 50 grams of rice flour, dissolved in a little water
- Ketupat or Lontong (rice cake)
- Fried onions for topping
- Banana leaves, cut to form a serving dish / square pieces
HOW TO MAKE AND TREATING SATAY PADANG ORIGINAL :
Mix the spice paste, meat and beef tongue, let stand for 30 minutes. Then cook along with lemongrass, ginger, galangal, turmeric leaves and lime leaves until done. Remove the bacon and Thicken gravy with rice flour solution until thickened, remove from heat.
Prepare skewers. Skewers of meat that has been cut and roasted on a fire briefly, lift.
Prepare a serving plate, Cover with banana leaves. Enter the diamond / cake and satay, pour the sauce, sprinkle with fried onions.
Ready to eat.
How to Make Chicken Satay With Madura Sauce Peanut
Main Ingredients In the Recipe Peanut Sate Ayam Madura Seasonings:
- Lemon 1 piece - in the split into 2 parts
- ½ kg chicken - diced
- The skewers 20 seeds
- Rice / rice cake
Seasoning Ingredients Peanut Sate Ayam Madura:
- Red chili 10 pieces
- Red onion 3 cloves
- 4 cloves garlic
- Peanuts 150 grams - fried
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - for mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - to complement the grain
- Kemiri 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to Make Satay Ayam With Madura Peanut Seasonings:
- For the peanut sauce, mix and puree peanut flavor ingredients such as garlic, onions, peanuts, pecans and salt.
- Heat oil and saute the ingredients beans that have been refined.
- Pour water on a stir broth condiments, spices stir wait until thickened.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixed with ingredients and stir 2 tablespoons peanut sauce alone.
- Dip all satay in peanut and soy sauce seasoning mixture.
- Barbeque to mature evenly.
- Madura chicken satay can be served along with delicious peanut sauce with the addition of soy sauce, red onion, lime and chili pieces.
- Recipes of Satay Maranggi
- Beef 600 gr
- 100 gr palm sugar, grated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 20 skewers, soaked in water, drained
- rice cakes
maranggi satay spices recipe:
- 12 shallots
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons' thick sour water
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 5 small green chilli, chopped
- 1 red tomato, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
Methods of how to make satay maranggi
- Cut the beef into cubes, about 1-1 ½ cm. Stir the brown sugar, soy sauce and spices. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the flavor.
- Skew 4-5 pieces of meat on each skewer until all the cubes of meat consumed.
- Preheat grill over hot coals, grill marinated satay while, turn it upside down until cooked through, remove from heat.
- Sauce: Mix chopped green chilies, sliced tomato and red onion in a bowl, add vinegar and soy sauce and stir well.
- Place the skewers on a serving plate and serve hot with sauce and rice cake.
Tips: select the part and tender for beef or goat; for example tenderloin, leg front, top or side of the pelvis.
For additional tips on choosing materials satay: Choose meat that is a kind of basic material sate precocious. For example, chicken, fish, shrimp. As for the use of beef, choose the parts in a typical meat, the texture will be more tender if you choose meat imports, such as meat cutting wagyu.Tips: you can just cut satay large size, but try not too thick but also not too thin. Because sometimes too thin pieces of meat that would make the meat hardens after dingin.Sedangkan if the thicker pieces, usually will take longer to burn until completely cooked. In fact, the longer the roasting, the meat will usually tougher. Thank you for reading my article on How to make indonesian satay, and do not forget to keep visit my blog in COOKING RECIPES.