→ Nouns derivation from verbs
• Verb + ment
1. This is quite an improvement the old car.
2. They have reached an agreement.
• Verb + tion/ion.
1. The rain made little impression on the drought.
2. His act according to my instruction.
• Verb + ence/ance
1. Can you give assurance that they will be there?
2. He has no confidence in himself.
• Verb + ation/cation/ition
1. Accreditation of our ambassador to Finland.
2. Japan declaration of war with Rusia.
• Verb + ure
1. They have a seizure by robber.
2. He dislikes public exposure of his deeds.
• Verb + age
1. The cleavage between the two groups is unfortunate.
2. To place furniture in storage.
• Verb + al
1. He made avowal of his guilt.
2. You have my approval to go on the trip.
•Verb + er/r
1. He is a good worker.
2. I am a clever teacher.
→ Noun derivation from adjectives: • Adjective + ness
1. We must keep the cleanness of the room.
2. The bitterness of the medicine is different from another medicine.
• Adjective + ity
1. The authenticity of this document is beyond question.
2. To question the legality of a decision.
• Adjective + cy
1. The cogency of his argument was impresive.
2. Consistency is a useful attribute.
→ Forming nouns from nouns: • Noun + ship
1. The membership vote against the proposal.
2. This store is under new ownership.
• Noun + hood
1. His childhood isn’t happy.
2. Motherhood arise when childbearing.
• Noun + cy
1. What is the currency of that country?
2. He works for an automobile agency.
→ Adjective can drive from Nouns: Noun + al
1. His acceptance in a collage is conditional on his grades.
2. “Hello” is a conventional greeting among Americans.
• Noun + ful
1. I am doubtful about the weather tomorrow.
2. He is scornful of those who fail.
• Noun + y
1. This is my lucky day.
2. This box is bulky.
• Nouns + ous
1. She tends to be covetous.
2. I was furious over on his attitudes
→ Adjective can derive from verb: •Verb + ive
1. Her face was expressive of her feelings.
2. Perhaps our collective wisdom can resolve the problem.
• Verb + able
1. What is allowable under the new regulation?
2. That cheese is not eatable.