alexa-tracking

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Main Content

KASKUS
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000012789110/qualifications-ibt-pbt-toefl-amp-ieltsall-related-english-courses-in-indonesia-tips
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

TRY TO HELP THIS THREAD KEEP ALIVE BY GIVING 5 STARS!! THANKS DUDE!

Please also refer to this previous thread

See http://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=5021642

Credit to fellow kaskusers who have fully supported the former thread to share their experience and knowledge about TOEFL and IELTS:
1. loc
2. Ivandjaw
3. Rahan
4. Tonnyc

BE THE FUTURE EDUCATED PERSON WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARD

Quote:

WHY?? SIMPLE!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I good at English grammar for my TOEFL or not? Try this exercise first before taking the official iBT TOEFL emoticon-Big Grin

Spoiler for Let's Test our Grammar:
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT INTERNET-BASED TEST/ iBT TOEFL)

How Much iBT/PBT TOEFL Score Do I Need For A Bachelor or A Master? emoticon-Bingung
Quote:

Spoiler for TOEFL iBT vs PBT Score Comparison:

Quote:
Must Have Reliable Official Resources of iBT TOEFL Software. Cekiprut and have a close look emoticon-Big Grin

Beginner Level (Good for Newbie)

Spoiler for :
or
Spoiler for :

Intermediate level

Spoiler for :
or
Spoiler for :
or
Spoiler for :

Advanced / Expert Level

Spoiler for :

or
Spoiler for :

Spoiler for :

Others (Strongly Suggested)

OFFICIAL ETS TOEFL TIPS

Spoiler for :

Princeton-kracking the iBT TOEFL
Spoiler for :

Mastering Skills for iBT TOEFL

Spoiler for :

Spoiler for Free iBT TOEFL software links:

IELTS - The International English Language Testing System

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Spoiler for IELTS Available Test Dates Schedule 2016:
Courtesy of Pinked Books:

Below are the information of some of reliableTOEFL courses all over Indonesia.
For those who have some other information, please do not hesitate to add any info. I will update it in the first post!
Hope this helps! emoticon-Smilie

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
TOEFL or IELTS? Which Exam Should You Take?

Spoiler for TOEFL vs IELTS:

Spoiler for The Best TOEFL Instructor With A Great Free TOEFL Lesson:

WHAT DO KASKUSERS SPEAK ABOUT THEIR IELTS EXPERIENCE?

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT DO KASKUSERS SPEAK ABOUT THEIR TOEFL EXPERIENCE?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Useful Tips and Strategies to Kill iBT TOEFL

Quote:
MORE USEFUL TIPS:

Quote:

Quote:

There is no trick, just familiarize with each module. They provide study material, one should read the book nicely to get familiar with what it is all about. it is very simple, no great shakes, go calm and one can easily manage 7+. make sure you do not use abbreviations as we do when we are chatting or writing emails. when i had to take the IELTS, I made sure i gave attention to my grammar, no shortcuts when it comes to words etc.

If you don't feel confident, there are options to take IELTS training but trust me that is just a money making gimmick.. a month before taking the test read an English newspaper aloud everyday, that is far better than taking training. But again for me it is easier to say since I studied in English medium all my life, I read a lot, I read novels and anything and everything and have been doing that since forever now. If nothing else I start reading a dictionary emoticon-Big Grin I am not saying my grammar is the best. I made such blunders but I made sure I then corrected myself a month before I took the test and this went on till the date of the test. I used to speak to my friends and everyone else only in English (I am very confident but when u know u r being tested, one can get conscious).

My advice is to practice as much as you can. I downloaded all the Cambridge practice test books (there are 7 of then) from the internet and did at least 10 tests by myself at home. In my opinion, it's the best way to get good band scores in reading and listening because the questions in these sections are formulated in a way you just need to get used to.

For writing, it's more tricky, just have a look at good sample essays you find on the internet and try to write a few by yourself until you feel comfortable with it. Try to time yourself, remember that you've got only one hour for two essays on the day of the test and it's not that easy to finish in time.

For speaking, it's more difficult to practice unless you know a fluent speaker and can talk to him regularly. I found the 2nd part of speaking the most difficult, talking for 2 minutes on a given subject. You need to think fast and make up a story that can keep you going for two minutes. Don't worry if you have occasional slips, if you're not a native speaker, it's not that bad, the most important is to keep talking and to reply with good arguments to the questions asked.

Quote:

Agree with you Olli3 emoticon-shakehand

Here are some iBT TOEFL software links to help you practice and get ready with your test emoticon-Big Grin

Thanks to bro guepeng emoticon-shakehand
Quote:

or

credit to bro yobitz

Spoiler for Free IELTS Material Links:

iBT TOEFL Speaking Task1-6 Tips and Tricks

Quote:

Well, I have to admit that in iBT TOEFL the structure usage is less important if compared to PBT format. However, I never recommend all not to study the structure (word formation, phrasal verbs, tenses, clauses, conditionals, gerunds-infinitives, etc) since in fact, we still need structure for speaking and as well as for writing-especially task 2 a.k.a independent writing or the essay.
Here, to make you better to prepare for the iBT speaking, I would like to share my secret (my template) which really helped me to organize my talk, time, and content of my responses in the 6 different tasks of speaking emoticon-Big Grin

Quote:

emoticon-Angkat Beer Here is a video of Jason Rensaw that I quote the 1st time. probably can be a useful addition.

Spoiler for Common problems in speaking:
iBT TOEFL Writing Question 1: Integrated Task Tips and Tricks

Spoiler for ETS TOEFL iBT Writing Integrated Task1:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
iBT Writing Question2: Independent Task (Essay) Tips and Tricks

Spoiler for ETS TOEFL iBT Independent Task2:

Quote:

1 from 15

IELTS WRITING

If you read this writing, then I assume you have some interest to take IELTS test someday in the future. I don’t know how much time you do have to prepare for it, but I hope, … no, I wish you all the best, and I hope this five-ten minutes you spend reading this may benefit you somehow.

I’ve seen many people describe IELTS writing as ‘rather difficult to conquer,’ ‘damn, it’s difficult’, ‘why is it so hard?’ ‘I don’t know what to write’ ‘I know what I want to write, but I can’t get it out.’ ‘I’m runnin’ out of time.’ ‘I lost focus and my last two paragraphs are totally unrelated to the previous.’ ‘I give up.’ And the most terrifying … a vacant stare to the paper, jaw dropped, shaking shoulder… trembling voice .. ‘Whhhaattt is this?’’
These are some reactions that you want to avoid.

You don’t want any of that happening to you. Because if you do, then, bye-bye US$195, I shall re-take. Or even worse, bye-bye scholarship…
So let’s focus, do you know how to focus? Okay, if you don’t, then I suggest you take a deep breath before continue reading this. If you have never got any kind of experience at all with IELTS essay, then I tell you, it’s a totally different space & dimension. That room… There is no voice in that room … you can even hear every breath of other candidate clearly. Everyone is biting their lower lips; they pinch the pencil so strong that it almost breaks, nervous sweat starting to drop, some shed their tears … emoticon-Berduka (S)

Examiner will give you several piece of paper, questions and answer sheet. If you look disappointed, you’re being bullied. If you’re smiling at this moment, you probably will be a very happy person when the test result is published.

What about the time? The clock is ticking so fast you won’t believe it.

You look at your watch. It’s 11 o’clock. You’ve just finished writing your first paragraph for task 1… It’s 11.30, You can’t help it, you continue to write as fast as you can … Your heart racing ... You’ve just finished your second paragraph of task 2 when three native/examiner/bule in front of the room warn loudly “5 Minutes Left”. … And then three seconds after that … “Time’s Up! Everyone please stop writing now. Don’t write anything or you’ll be disqualified from the test.. Put your pen away. We’ll take your … bla bla bla” The End.

You realize you finish your essay without a conclusion, and less than 250 words... No mystery there, you know your band already for writing 3!

Now let me ask you: Do you want to avoid that? Do you seriously promise that you won’t let that happen to you?

You can win against IELTS writing! Only if you believe in yourself... only if you believe in yourself..
Spoiler for How??:

to be continued ...
(kesamaan tempat tokoh dan situasi hanyalah kebetulan. ini cerita fiktif.)
I'm planning to take IELTS on July yet I still confused which better, TOEFL iBT or IELTS.
does anyone know about the IELTS workshop held by IDP? is it recommended?

k screw me

this thread is so helpful anyway ~
Quote:

nice motivation! emoticon-Big Grin

Quote:

well, between the choice of iBT TOEFL or IELTS decision, it depends on your campus requirement. Pls check it first before you take the test. Anyway, I never know about the IDP IELTS workshop. Perhaps the other kaskusers can help you with that emoticon-shakehand

Hi! I might be taking IBT TOEFL test around september.
What i'm very worry about, my english is so bad.
My english score is just average.

Would you suggest me TOEFL preparation english course in west jakarta (around Puri Indah) and also not too expensive?

I'm interesting with EF, but, many friends of mine told me EF is bad english course, the teacher is not profesional. is that true?

Thanks.

(sorry for my bad english)

Quote:

with all respect. Please read the beginning of this thread.thank you

Quote:
this is my first post in english subforum though...and why i am here is because tomorrow is the test dayemoticon-Frownemoticon-Frownemoticon-Frown and frankly i don't have enough preparation for that nor sufficent information about how exactly the test will be running...emoticon-Berduka (S)

my test will take place in Vista International programs in bandung..(does anybody have the same schedule as mine here? i'll glad if so.maybe we could have meet and greet session after the testemoticon-Big Grinemoticon-Embarrassment )

and..i have some odd questions here...what kind of things i should bring for the test? some that already in my checklist are: the ticket that emailed to us and ID's (i have national ID and driver license here).. so anything else? and..how long the estimated time to finish the test?

sorry bout my poor english emoticon-Big Grin
Quote:

Just bring your printed ticket confirmation stating that you've been registered at the test center along with your passport or national ID or driving license. Blank papers and pencils are always provided by the test center.

Good luck for tomorrow gan! emoticon-Angkat Beer
IELTS is like an unexplored territory for me, I have no clue
I have been heard all this rumors about how hard IELTS is, and probably these rumors are true emoticon-Takut (S)

I went to some Education Consultant like a week ago, they told me IELTS is freggin hard and i need to take some preparation class that would cost me 50 mil to secure my pass to a uni.

i never take English Courses before, is 50 mil over the top for this kind of course? or i just haven't been out much? emoticon-Hammer

anyway, thank youuuu for this comprehensive info
i wish i could give you cendol, but i havent got my iso yet emoticon-Stick Out Tongue
I am just sharing :

For TOEFL IBT : I took the test on 8 Jan 2012

The result available on web score after a week.

They sent my report by mail on 23 Jan 2012 and I received it today 14 Jan 2012.

So It will take 5-6 weeks if you need the printed score report available for your admission. But you can do print screen or print the web score report if the university allows you to do that.
So calculate your time before you take the test.

For Toefl IBT, i suggest you to register 3-4 weeks before the test to ensure availability and you can choose good location near your house.

IBT is easy if you well prepared !

Just use The simulation program for reading, listening, and speaking.

For Speaking, you can use youtube.com for some tips. I used it and it is good.

For writing, this is the lowest score i gotten, i think you have to read more and write more. Use simple grammar and simple word but suit to the topic.

For my test i got 94. Reading 27 Reading 25 Speaking 22 Writing 20 and i just used the simulation program from the KAPLAN IBT book 2010-2011.

Good Luck for you all.