Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

epsteinAvatar border
TS
epstein
Flags burned as 'furious' Indonesians protest over spying controversy

Protests are underway in Indonesia as anger mounts over claims Australian spies targeted the phone of the Indonesian president and his inner circle.

The large crowd arrived at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta on Thursday, demanding an immediate apology from Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

Several Australian flags have been burnt during the rally, while dozens of protesters in the central city of Yogyakarta also burnt an Australian flag.

The protesters say Indonesians are "furious" and their country is "insulted" that Australia tapped Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's phone.

They are calling on each other to "fight Australia" in the wake of the espionage revelations.

Reports say police have had to restrain a number of the protesters in Jakarta.

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has updated its travel advisory for Indonesia.

DFAT says Australians in Jakarta should monitor local media, avoid protests and maintain high levels of vigilance and security awareness.

Tourists should expect traffic delays and restricted access to and from the embassy during the demonstration.

Earlier Mr Abbott told parliament he has received a letter from Mr Yudhoyono over the spying scandal.

"I want to assure the House that the Government will respond swiftly, fully and courteously to the president's letter," Mr Abbott said.

"As always, my intention is to do everything I reasonably can to strengthen this relationship which is so important to both our countries.

"I want Australia to remain Indonesia's trusted partner now, and in the future."

The Indonesian president announced on Wednesday that military and intelligence cooperation with Australia has been suspended, particularly in relation to efforts to curb people smuggling.

Mr Yudhoyono says he wants an official explanation for why Australian spies tapped his phone and those of his inner circle, including his wife's, in 2009.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-2...claims/5108732

Mana neh Abbott?
Or Mark Textor?
Diubah oleh epstein 21-11-2013 08:27
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru