makankamusAvatar border
TS
makankamus
Incheon Class Fregate (FFX I)
Republic of Korea Navy commissions First of Class "Incheon" FFX I Frigate

Republic of Korea Navy commissioned on 17 January 2013 the first of its next next generation FFX I class Frigate. The ship was by Hyundai Heavy Industry and is expected to replace the aging fleet of Pohang class corvettes and Ulsan class frigates, and take over multi-role operations such as coast patrol or anti-submarine warfare.

The class will be built in several batches. Six vessels will be built as Batch I (similar to head of class Incheon), eight Frigates will be built as Batch II by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, and Batch III is also planned for the future.

Batch I vessels are reported to displace 2,500 tons with a length of 114 meters and a beam of 14 meters. The main gun is 127mm similar type to those used by the US Navy. For defense, the Incheon is fitted with a RIM-116 RAM launcher as well as a Phalanx CIWS. The class is also fitted with four SSM-700K Hae Sung I anti-ship missiles.

It is expected that Batch II vessels will receive VLS cells for long range SAMs and the locally built Hyunmoo-3 land attack cruise missile. No design specifics have been released yet however, regarding Batch II vessels.
Source :Navy Recognition

Specs From Wiki

Class & type: Incheon Class Frigate
Type: Frigate
Displacement: Batch I - 2,300 tons (empty)
Length: 114 m (374 ft)
Beam: 14 m (46 ft)
Propulsion: 1 x Rolls-Royce MT30[1] CODOG
Speed: 30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph) (max)
18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph) (cruising)
Range: 8,000 km (5,000 mi)
Complement: 140
Sensors and
processing systems: SMART-S Mk2 search radar
Samsung Thales Naval Shield Integrated Combat Management System
Electronic warfare
& decoys:
LIG Nex1 SLQ-200(V)K Sonata electronic warfare suite
KDAGAIE Mk2 decoys
Armament:
1 x 5 inch (127mm/L62) Mk-45 Mod 4 naval gun
1 x 20 mm Phalanx CIWS
1 x RAM Block 1 CIWS
4 SSM-700K Hae Sung anti-ship missiles
4 Hyunmoo-3 cruise missiles
1 x 3 K745 LW Blue Shark torpedoes
Aircraft carried: Super Lynx or SH-60 Seahawk
Aviation facilities: Flight deck and enclosed hangar for up to two medium-lift helicopters

Seandainya nanti TNI AL bisa melirik kapal ini sebagai hullnya dan mengisi sistemnya dengan produk dari Thales System Netherland. IMHO proyek PKR dari Damen memang harus terus jalan, tapi hull dari Korea ini bisa dilirik dan memang cukup menarik karena kapasitas industri galangan kapal Korea yang memang lebih besar dari kebanyakan negara Eropa sehingga bisa mempercepat proses pengadaan surface combatant TNI AL.
Thread Digembok
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
Thread Digembok
Komunitas Pilihan