KOMUNITAS
Home / FORUM / All / News / ... / English Education & Literature /
(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
KASKUS
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000007955294/ask-the-best-way-learning-english-grammar-first-or-vocab

(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?

Tampilkan isi Thread
Halaman 14 dari 24
ehm.................what you need are the basic.....both grammar and vocab....
both is connected..vocab is need to make grammar vice versa CMIIW

english is fun, don't make it difficult by chose vocab or grammar first..
Hello badseyjuang,
In my humble opinion, one of the most important thing in English is COURAGE and PASSION to BE BETTER. Then, to learn ENglish for the first time we have to OWN some adequate vocab. Then, try to speak/write without fear.
I don't personally agree to people who say that to communicate (have conversation) in English, the most important thing is "I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about"
Because bad grammar will have impact to the meaning.
For example: I have eaten. --AND-- I am eaten.
they have different meaning.
Or: I like chicken. --AND-- I am like chicken.
They have different meaning as well.

So, u may start with basic number of vocab and just start COMMUNICATING. But, when you found a grammatical mistake, pls try to correct it right away.

Good luck

Quote:

I think you multiply your lesson,,
i think study in pare is perfect,
pare in kediri jatim.
In my honest opinion? Grammar.

Because if you know the basic vocabularies (unless you want to debate about something heavy), then you don't need advanced vocabulary.

Okay.. an example, then.

"He looks sad."

"He looks melancholy."

Melancholy means sad, there's really not much of a difference there, why should you learn advanced grammar if you can use basic, everyday words? Unless you want to be all sophisticated and uptight by leveling your words, I strongly suggest grammar.
The trick is to read a lot, listen to English materials such as music, conversations in movies, and practice. Read read and read, read as much as u can, read about anything, the internet is your best friend. Taking English classes also help, but don't think just because u take an English class it guarantees proficiency. Unless u practice everyday with friends, u won't become proficient if u just speak only 4 hours a week. Good luck!
me too, grammar is sucks
i just learn that from book for a while
and you know that? i forget that things
maybe i have to improve that until my brain get shoot by chuck norris
i also feel like that ,i want learn english with grammer ,but if i speaking english with bule they know with what was say .. hehe
sorry brade if my english language very ugly ....
emoticon-Big Grin
Quote:

usually bule in Indonesia doesnt care how Indonesian people speak english as long they understand what are you mean even ur grammar correct or not..because they knew most of Indonesian poor in English emoticon-Big Grin
Quote:

like this gans your comment
i think same with you everytime i'll speak english im not use grammar goodly... emoticon-norose
I had problems like you do now bro. It's okay if you don't have any good grammar. As long as you have good vocab and you know how to say it, it's fine. But don't ignore English grammar. Because it also needed at toefl test, CV, etc. To make your English grammar better, you can learn it by sharing information with your friends. In kaskus also you can learn good grammar. Happy trying! emoticon-Big Grin
any of you have the idea how to learn english Online I'm not so good on pronounce
anyone have skype account ? we can practice conversation together ! emoticon-I Love Kaskus, add mine : i.am.sam97 emoticon-Kaskus Radio
vocab. definitely vocab.

when you think your vocab is good enough, proceed to grammar.
you have to understand the meaning of each words at first and then you can practice by simply put or arrange your known vocab into the good form of sentence(s).

Spoiler for do not open:
Ane cuma mau bagi info, kemarin baru beli barang-barang di bawah ini, susah banget dicari di kaskus, eh ketemu di tokobagus, uda ane survey paling lengkap n murah, sapa tau ada yg lagi nyari juga..

DVD Andrie Wongso, Bong Chandra, Ippho Santosa, Mario Teguh, Tung Desem Waringin
DVD Living English + Business English
DVD Skripsi
Earphone Beats

Coba sms ke 0822 6000 1127 aja gan
Ane rate ya gan emoticon-Smilie

Oia gan ada yang lagi nyari barang-barang di bawah ini?
Ane cuma mau bagi info, uda ane survey paling murah + lengkap + satu-satunya yg ngasih garansi uang kembali!

DVD Andrie Wongso, Bong Chandra, Ippho Santosa, Mario Teguh, Tung Desem Waringin
DVD Skripsi
Earphone Beats

Coba sms ke 0822 6000 1127 aja gan, katanya stoknya terbatas..
Vocab first. you can learn grammar while you try to memorize vocab. emoticon-Smilie

you can try to give tag to every item on your home that you didn't knew the name in english. you can sticky a paper containts some idiom/english pharse such a like "I'm taking bath=lagi mandi" emoticon-EEK! or "I'm in bad time=lagi nanggung" emoticon-Tai at your bathroom to memorize it.
emoticon-Ngakak
you can do some thing to your bedroom, living room also kitchen.

to improve your vocab, I think you should watch some movie and listen english songs/native speaker (search at google) emoticon-Malu (S)
Diubah oleh NesiKa11
Both should go hand in hand.
If you emphasized on grammar, you'll be out of words most of the time.
If you emphasized on vocabulary, you'll become a very communicable pidgin emoticon-Big Grin
Diubah oleh peyotpetot
Ane rate gan emoticon-Smilie

Oia gan ada yang lagi nyari barang-barang di bawah ini?
Ane cuma mau bagi info, uda ane survey paling murah + lengkap + satu-satunya yg ngasih garansi uang kembali!

DVD Skripsi
Earphone Beats

Coba sms ke 0822 6000 1127 aja gan, katanya stoknya terbatas..
Halaman 14 dari 24

© 2022 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved
Ikuti KASKUS di