the type of person who gives
exactly what i need
before i even know i need it
the type of lover who hears me
even when i do not speak
is the type of understanding
i demand

the type of lover i need - Rupi Kaur

I think the poem the type of lover i need by Rupi Kaur is not only meaningful but also relatable to whoever reads it, especially for me. Poem with the choice of diction which is easy to understand the true meaning of just one reading, the contain has deeper meaning if we check it. The author herself Rupi Kaur seems to describe someone who is so lonely and longs for someone who understands what she wants from a lover. Here are the meanings implied by these verses of poem.

i need someone
who knows struggle
as well as i do

In the first to third line, the writer reveals that she needs someone who knows how her life journey has been. Where during her life's journey that was full of challenges during this time she faced herself tough without depending her life on others.

someone
willing to hold my feet in their lap
on days it is too difficult to stand

The fourth to sixth line, the writer needs someone who is always there when the storms of life hit, when she fell and found it difficult to rise without the support of others. Sometimes as tough as she stands alone there are times when she needs someone who can embrace and make her survive back through hard times.

the type of person who gives
exactly what i need
before i even know i need it

Lines seven to nine, the writer needs someone who knows what really she wants without being asked. Because at the moment it's very difficult to find someone who knows what we want. Some of us even choose to pretend we don't know, even though we are gesturing.

the type of lover who hears me
even when i do not speak
is the type of understanding
i demand

In line ten to the last line, the author not only needs someone who is able to embrace, but she also needs someone who listens to every complaint, understands and also loving her with all his heart, even when she never said it.

From all the meanings of this poem, it concluded that the writer is as good as she has faced this life alone all along. The real feeling she needs is someone who can understand her, embrace and loving her sincerely. Always support whatever she does. Because basically we cannot live alone in this world. The couple who understands us best is completing this life.
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan