uklunkAvatar border
TS
uklunk
Don’t be an IDIOM: You Should Know These Sh!t (Not Suited for Beginner Level)
HELLO MY RESPECTED ENGLISH LEARNER

emoticon-Maaf AganWELCOMEemoticon-Maaf Aganwati

First of all, to my fellow English learner who are Muslims, Happy Eid Mubarak 1436 H for you all emoticon-Salaman

Ok then, for those of you who don't know the meaning of "idiom" and lazy enough to translate it on Google, here, I've already done it for you, just open the spoiler for your enlightenment.
Spoiler for What is IDIOM, refer to Google Translate:

What? Ups sorry, wrong picture emoticon-Big Grin, here's the correct one for you, thank me later emoticon-Angkat Beer
Spoiler for The Real "IDIOM" means, according to Google Translate:

What now? Still not clear enough for you, well, here's more from Cambridge dictionary,
Quote:

The point is, if you read or hear a sentence or a phrase that you can't swallow, sorry, comprehend the meaning literally, usually that is an idiom. Alternatively, it can be said that the phrase is interpreted in a figurative sense.

Idioms are vary in different cultures and countries. In English language, there are hundreds of idioms that you can find out there. Do you know the most interesting word which can be used to make idioms with different usage and various meaning? Yeah, this is the word, the notorious "SH!T"emoticon-Big Grin

SH!T is originally a slang term for fecal matter now commonly used as an all-purpose exclamation, noun, verb, adjectiveor adverb. And you know what? "SH!T" may just be the most powerful word in the English language.

Quote:

Holy sh!t, I just realized that you do need some examples for those sh!t. So, let me pick some interesting idioms up there and let's discuss it with more detail. Let's start with this sh!t first.

1. When the Sh!t hits the Fan

Maybe if you translate it literally, you'll get that picture on your mind. Am I right? According to The Free Dictionary, "when the sh!t hits the fan" means when the trouble beginsor when the consequences of an action begin to be realized or the easiest way to say is when all hell breaks loose.

Here's an example of the usage of this idiom, Al Pacino said this sh!t in the movie Scent of a Woman.
Spoiler for Al Pacino has spoken:

2. Give a Sh!t

This is the famous idiom usage of this word. It's not like you're giving someone your sh!t literally, it's just that in a positive way, this idiom is used to expresscare about someone or something. However, the sentence usually objectionable and often negative. Here's a famous quote from TED movie just to let you know how to use this idiom properly.
Spoiler for TED's famous quote:

And here's more example of how to use it in a sentence from rotten ecards,
Spoiler for Rotten ecards quote:

And here's the famous conversation from movie He's Just Not That Into You, from boys to girls out there,
Spoiler for Hello girls:

Here's a friendly advice for you,
Spoiler for A humble advice for a better life:

3. Know sh!t from Shinola

So, you should find this word somewhere up there. Yes, the one with the blue color. However, do you know what Shinola mean? If you don't know then you are very stupid emoticon-Big GrinNo offense, but I am serious. The meaning of this idiom is to know what's what or to be intelligent and aware. And as usual, this idiom always in the negative usage. As for your information, Shinola is a famous brand of shoe polish from Detroit USA. A person who doesn't know sh!t from Shinola is very stupid emoticon-Big Grin, literally, or in a manner way, that person is possessing poor judgment or knowledge.
Spoiler for This is what Shinola looks like:

And how to use that idiom in a sentence? Well, just don't, as for you to know it, so they don't say "poor you don’t know sh!t from Shinola" emoticon-Big Grin

4. Sh!t Happens

Well, this one is quite famous. Use it when bad things just happen and are unavoidable. However, you should know that this idiom is potentially offensive, please use only with discretion, like this one from Predator 2movie. Just a short buffer won't harm you emoticon-Smilie
Spoiler for Short Predator 2 Scence:

And here's a literal usage of this idiom in Forrest Gumpmovie, relax, no buffer guarantee.
Spoiler for Just a scence from Forrest Gump:

Spoiler for When Shit Happens, Just Keep Calm:

5. Don't Sh!t Where You Eat

As so you'll know that the meaning of this idiom is do not engage in troublesome or dubious behavior at one's home, place of business, or any location where one frequents, for it invites undesired consequences. In short, "do not have romantic relationships with any co-workers." A more offensive term is often used instead of "crap".

Example:I warned him—I told him, "Don't sh!t where you eat." But he still insisted on having an affair with his secretary, and now, the scandal is ruining both his professional life and his home life.

6. Sh!t Just Got Real

This is an expression that explains how a joking or friendly conversation suddenly took a turn for the worse and is escalating towards a hostel situation and/or a physical scuffle. However, this phrase was originally spoken in Will Smith/Martin Lawrence action/buddy-cop movie "Bad Boys 2", signifying a sudden crescendo of danger and/or sudden understanding of dangerous circumstances.

Here's a short clip from that movie so you'll know when is the right moment to use this sh!t,
Spoiler for The Right Moment to Use This Sh!t:

Okay I know, for those of you who are too lazy to buffer, here's an example from some ecards,
Spoiler for How to use sh!t just got real by ecards:

Here's another moment when you know that you should use this sh!t,
Spoiler for If you see a moment like this, you know what to say:

7. In Deep Sh!t

So, what do you think about this sh!t? Oh i know, like the picture below right?

Close enough if you take it literally. In deep sh!t means that you are in a very bad situation. Take a look this picture below to know how deep the meaning of this sh!t.
Spoiler for This is what in deep sh!t means. Just stay calm:

In other words, in deep sh!t means that you are in a big trouble. It started whensh!t is getting outta hand, then sh!t happens, and when sh!t hits the fan, then you realize that sh!t just got real, and one thing you know that you are in deep sh!t. Moral of this, don't play with sh!t if you don't want to end up in a pile of sh!t.

8. Chicken Sh!t

Ah for this one, I am too lazy to write the explanation for you. Just look at these pictures below okay.
Spoiler for How Google defines Chicken Sh!t:

Spoiler for Chicken Sh!t from Urban Dictionary:

Spoiler for Here's how you use it in a sentence:

Spoiler for And here's for you Haters:

9. Get Your Sh!t Together

So, you just picture the image above when you hear this Idiom right? Silly you, remember not to take all the Idioms here too literally okay, that's the rule of this thread. According to free dictionary, this idiom means as an advice to become more organize and effective, usually refer to a person. In other words, this Idiom is used to tell someone to get his/her life in order and or to get his/her thoughts straight.

Here's a short clip from "Bridesmaids" movie on when is the right moment to use this idiom in real life,
Spoiler for Moment in real life on when to use this sh!t:

Yes I know, here's the screenshot for you who don't like to buffer,
Spoiler for Screenshot from Bridesmaids:

And here's an example on how you use it on a sentence,
Spoiler for Example on how to put this idiom on a sentence:

10. S.H.!.T

Last but not least, a response to the phrase T.G.I.F. (Thanks God it's Friday) when it is actually Thursday. S.H.!.T. (Sorry honey it's Thursday). Example for the usage of this sh!t, read a conversation in the Elevator below,

Woman in elevator: " *sigh* TGIF"
Man in Elevator: "S.H.!.T."
Woman looks at him blankly: "What did you say?"
Man: "Sorry Hon it's Thursday"

Well, I think that's all for these sh!ts (for now emoticon-Big Grin), just don't forget to read the sign below, as I always remind you to.
Spoiler for Please read the sign:

You should know that there are hundreds of idioms that you can find in English language, and these sh!ts are just a small part of it. Writers and public speakers use idioms generously. The purpose behind this vast use of idioms is to ornate their language, make it richer and spicier and help them in conveying subtle meanings to their intended audience. Not only do idioms help in making the language beautiful, they also make things better or worse through making the expression good or bad, but just don't take it too literally, Okay!

For those of you who don't like the sh!t I wrote here,
Spoiler for From me to haters, loud and clear:

And yeah, here's a reminder from Mr. Christopher.
Spoiler for Mr. Christopher here wants to remind you:

But still, don't take Mr. Christopher's words too serious okay, coz' Grammar's indeed important, mind my Grammar though emoticon-Big Grin
Spoiler for Why Grammar is Important:

Not to forget, here's my wish for those who like the sh!t I wrote here,
Spoiler for Just my simple wish for you who likes this thread:

Spoiler for Source:

emoticon-heartDedicated to All English Learner emoticon-heart

Holy Sh!t! Just realized that this sh!tty thread has become a Hot Thread! Thanks to mimin and momod and all of my fellow English learner who like this sh!t, now I am happier than a pig in sh!t. You guys are THE real SH!T emoticon-Big Grin
Spoiler for Again, Faith in English Forum has been restored! Thanks Mimin and Momod!:

Quote:

Spoiler for Farah Quinn everybodeh!:

Spoiler for Here's a dessert from Farah Quinn, enjoy:

Diubah oleh uklunk 31-07-2015 13:35
tata604Avatar border
tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border