In most cases (but not always) MTK65XX devices can be recovered from complete malfunction when device doesn't respond on any buttons combinations, can not be powered ON, doesn't recognized by PC - this condition sometimes called "BRICK"
NOTE: Do not mix "BRICK" condition with Boot Loop or screen flickering or black out etc. these conditions are mostly related to System or Boot partitions and can be fixed with flashing Stock ROM via SP flash tool (C.I.A). Typical "BRICK" condition identified when PC doesn't recognize device.
In order to recover "BRICK" have to use Test Point
Test Point (TP
) is the point on the Phone Circuit Board (PCB) which is granting access to the internal loader integrated into the chip. Activating internal loader you can flash Preloader
partition (using SP Flash Tool) which is part of the original phone firmware.
Before phone disassembling and searching for TP
Press and hold Camera, Vol Down, Vol Up, Power and all the possible buttons combinations, even all buttons at the same time and then connect the cable to the PC.
If “Buttons hold” method doesn't work and PC still can't recognize device proceed with TP
1. Make sure DA VCOM drivers are installed (A.1, B.1
2. Make sure your PC audio is working loud enough (to identify if device is recognized)
3. Download Stock ROM (firmware) applicable to your device
. Must be SP Flash Tool version.
4. Run SP Flash Tool – Load Scatter File – Put checks only on PRELOADER
(if available) – Press F9
5. Prepare wire “jumper”
NOTE: For safety reason it is better to use a Resistor from 100-1000 Ohm soldered between “jumper” ends, otherwise there is chance to burn PCB components
6. Disassemble phone until get access to PCB
7. Take a look for a small circular (sometimes square) areas 1-2mm in a diameter. They are clear and sometimes (but not always) has marking like Rx,Tx,GND,Vcc,Vcharge etc. If point has marking like KCOLO, COLO, KOLO or CO most probably you got TP at once. (Do not use Vcc, Vcharge or any points which have 4+ volts)
NOTE: Sometimes TP can be covered by lacquer or thin protective film, Identification sticker under battery or even PCB bus cable. so in order to get access have carefully remove them, just enough to touch by wire "jumper".
8. Short suspected TP
to the phone Ground using wire “jumper”. Ground point can be identified as GND
marking, also can use PCB Battery Negative pin (Battery “-“) or even screw holes
9. Connect phone to PC via USB cable
NOTE: Connecting USB cable you will apply electrical power to your PCB so make sure you are not shorting other parts of PCB
10. If you short correct point PC will sound new device connection and SP Flash Tool will start Loading PRELOADER
NOTE: You have to hold wire “jumper” shorted until flashing is complete.
11. If PC doesn’t recognize device and no action in SP Flash Tool, repeat steps 7-9 with another point.
12. After successful PRELOADER
partitions loading you can flash device with all partitions as usual without wire “jumper” (C.I.A
Test Point Samples: See Post 3.