alexa-tracking
Kategori
Kategori
Home / FORUM / All / News / English /
All about Grammar & Tenses - The correct way to say/use .... ask it here !!
KASKUS
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000004340319/all-about-grammar-amp-tenses---the-correct-way-to-say-use--ask-it-here

Tampilkan isi Thread
Halaman 466 dari 468
Balasan post Fadel999
Uppss, sorry mod. I have already fixed it. Hope many kaskuser can read those books too.
Quote:

Thank you dearly, much appreciated. emoticon-I Love Kaskus (S)
hi ..
i would like to know what is the difference between these sentences.

1. The package has sent
2. The package has been sent
3. The package has already been sent
4. The package had already been sent
5. The package was sent

thank you in advance emoticon-Smilie
Diubah oleh ginger11
Lihat 1 balasan
Dear kaskuser, I'd like to ask about the usage of reduced adjective clause. As specified here https://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyz...ses-rules.htm, why does one sentence in example #2 reduced to
Quote:
from its original
Quote:

Why has it worked changed into working?

Thank you for the answer. You may correct my grammar as well if there's any.
Balasan post ginger11
I am not an expert in grammar but I guess they are all similar in meaning except for number 1.

Number 1 means the package literally has sent something. Which is theoretically impossible.
Number 2 - 5 are passive sentences.
Number 2 and 3 have the same meaning. The package was sent in the past but is still on the way (to some place).
Number 4 and 5 have a similar meaning I guess? The difference lies in what you want to emphasize. Number 4 you emphasize on the process of the package being sent in the past. Number 5 you emphasize on the fact that the package was already sent. Please CMIIW.
Quote:

Because 'the people who worked' is in 'active form' which later reduced into 'the people working'. Look carefully the 3rd example, you'll see the difference between passive and active form in a 'reduced adjective clause'
Quote:

thank you brentie for the explanation.. ^^
about number 1, I think the sentence is grammaticaly correct but more suitable for active sentence, am I right?
ex: I have sent the package last night
Quote:

emoticon-Cendol Gan
Quote:

help a lot
I will highly recommend this Grammar checker website. Where it allows us to prevent the grammatical error, spelling error. https://grammarchecker.net/
Hey, I'm looking for the correct sentence for "kehujanan".

I knew if you can use "wet" to make a sentence, but if I'm going to say "I couldn't go to the theater because I was wet", it sounds wrong somehow emoticon-Malu

I wonder if there's an idiom to make situation less awkward rather than say "wet" things.
Google translate wasn't helping me with this translation.

Thank you.
Quote:

'Wet' isn't suggested because it's ambiguous and can contain sexual meaning. emoticon-Malu

I don't know about idioms related to that but my best option would be 'I got drenched/I got drenched in the rain.
emoticon-raining
Quote:

I know right? emoticon-Malu

Drenched?
I never heard that before. I'll try to remember it.
Got the same answer from another user, soaked wet.
Looks less sexual, but still contains that thing emoticon-Ngakak (S)
I guess I'm going with yours.

Thanks.
Quote:

To be honest, 'drenched' is unfamiliar to me as well. 'Soaked wet' is a good option as well.
1. We’ve sold over 10,000 new memberships over the past quarter, which is a 30% increase from Q4 of last year.
Independent Clause : We’ve sold over 10,000 new memberships over the past quarter
Subordinating Conjunction : which
Dependent Clause : is a 30% increase from Q4 of last year.

2. This is 16% higher than our renewal rate in Q4, which suggests that our new program is working even better than we had expected.
Independent Clause : suggests that our new program is working even better than we had expected.
Subordinating Conjunction : which
Dependent Clause : This is 16% higher than our renewal rate in Q4

3. While the number of FMs has increased by 2% over last quarter’s numbers, I believe we can get that number even higher.
Subordinating Conjunction : while
Independent Clause : the number of FMs has increased by 2% over last quarter’s numbers
Dependent Clause : I believe we can get that number even higher.

Mau tanya dong, apakah sudah benar kalimat Independent clause dan dependent clause nya?

Quote:

Not a single mistake.
emoticon-Jempol
It is very interesting because the knowledge of technology that I learn in college can be so beneficial to society.

or

It is very interesting because the knowledge of technology that I learn in college can be used to make an impact on society

Are both of that have any grammatical errors? Which one is better?

In indonesia it should be like this:
Hal tersebut sangat menarik karena pengetahuan tentang teknologi yang saya dapatkan di kuliah bisa bermanfaat untuk masyarakat.
Quote:

It is very interesting that the knowledge I learn in college can make an impact for society.
profile-picture
DesktopPC memberi reputasi
Quote:

Mod, dari kalimat ini ada grammar atau vocab yg salah gak?emoticon-Big Grin
Diubah oleh stravesrouss
Quote:

Firstly, never ask questions related to grammar on Lounge because it doesn't belong there. Put it here, instead.
Secondly, there's a loooooooottt of mistakes on that sentence. Why? Because the mixture of Bahasa and English is abysmal.
But, here's a little help

"I think this post is highly problematic, I really can't find anything conclusive or concrete from this and it only creates more questions than answering them."

That's the extent of English I'm willing to correct. emoticon-Cool
Halaman 466 dari 468

GDP Network
© 2019 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved
Ikuti KASKUS di