telomanuAvatar border
TS
telomanu
Reflection on Life and Death
The fact that I am getting older doesn’t really matter to me. I know that some day I my self would have died. And I am afraid of nothing about that fact, especially if I have lived a good and proper life. Instead, I would be happy to rest in peace and be united with my Creator.

What matters is the fact that people I loved are getting older. One by one passed away, and it hurts me so much. I am afraid of the fact that I would be alone, and left behind. I want to fight, or to ignore, the destiny of human life. But, what can I do? Human life is so fragile. The boundary between life and death is very thin. We could die at any time. No authority, power, or knowledge could predict and manipulate human life. When death comes, everything ends. Nothing we could do, no matter how good we are. We might own the world; we might have right on properties; or we might have power to decide one’s life and freedom, but we have nothing to do to extent our life even a second when death comes. We have no power at all to bargain on our life, or the life of our beloved.

Do we have to just accept the fact of the fragility of human life? Do we prepare enough on the fact that someday, one of our love ones would pass away? Are we ready for the hurt? Are we able to let our parents, or our children, or our lovers, just vanished and gone forever?

For sure we know that very fact, the fact that all of us would die. Nothing could remain or last but our names. But for sure too, only a few of us have thought that fact seriously. We are too afraid to think about it. Our unconscious selves want to ignore it. We want to think and to live as if everything was just fine. We want to believe that we would live forever, that we won’t get old, and weak, and finally die. The way we live our lives reflects that ignorance. We live in a world of imagination. We thought what we are doing is just right and has nothing to do with an after life.

If, and if only, people do realize the fragility of their life, life would be different. There would be no competition to win worldly power. There would be no wars or black politics. Everybody would compete in doing good thing to their fellow human beings, regardless the differences of race and religion and culture and age and sex. Human beings would do their best to live in harmony with all the creatures.

Religion comes into stage, when we forget about the fact of our limitation. Again and again, through holy prophets, God wants to remind us that our life here on earth is temporary. Our everlasting life is the life we should prepare of. The quality of our everlasting life depends on the quality of our temporary life. Wasting the chance to live a meaningful life would be a misery. We already knew it. But, again we ignore it. We just pretend again and again that everything is under control and it would be fine. We underestimate the quality of our temporary life. That’s why, by logic, we tried to verify our wrong doings, though morally we knew it’s wrong and not good. On the contrary, it is so rare to question, or to falsify, the ‘good’ things we have done to others. I almost believe that most our good deed have some motives lie behind for own sake or benefit.

A simple question for today might be: what I have done to live a quality life? Is that what I have done is enough as a preparation for my everlasting life? Never think that we still have time for it. Remember, the boundary of life and death is thin, much thinner than a piece of our hair.
Diubah oleh telomanu 08-10-2014 02:15
tata604Avatar border
tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan