KASKUS

Peter F. Gontha dicuekin Ahok

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/comme...ng-memo/553964

Basuki Tjahaja Purnama

Peter F Gontha

Quote:Letter to the Editor: For Jakarta Deputy Governor, a Post-Meeting Memo
Peter F. Gontha | November 03, 2012

Thursday afternoon, at around 6:15 p.m., was a painful moment for me, a resident of Jakarta who had the noble intention of meeting with his deputy governor to provide input on efforts to overcome the city’s many problems. I appreciated the fact that Deputy Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama clearly wanted to engage with citizens and had quickly agreed to the meeting. But the experience soon turned into a bitter one because of the inappropriate behavior of the deputy governor and the presence of individuals who were not officials but who appeared to have an exclusive right to be inside the working office of the deputy governor.

As a citizen hoping for a sign that there would be something different compared to the leadership of the previous governor, I came with ideas I thought worthy of consideration — such as a short-term answer to Jakarta’s notorious traffic congestion.

I am fully aware that I am no expert in city planning, or an expert in overcoming transportation problems. But as a resident of the city, I feel called to contribute to progress. The idea proposed may not have been a holistic solution, but a leader should at some point have the courage to make a decision, no matter how hard this is, rather than basking in a never-ending discourse. Residents are tired of hearing their leaders complain or blame each other. What residents are waiting for are breakthrough policies that could at least signal that there is an effort by the government to improve conditions.

Back to the atmosphere at the meeting that afternoon.

After some brief small talk, I presented the idea to help reduce congestion through vehicle-color-based restrictions on certain roads — an idea that I have presented on various occasions since 2010. For this Thursday afternoon, I had prepared a paper explaining this effort, which I was to hand over to the deputy governor after the brief presentation.

The gist of my thinking is that whatever the policy undertaken by the government, it should at least show the public that it has the courage to try and take steps that could be implemented in a brief period of time. The most logical solution, I think, is to manage the traffic based on a restriction on vehicles. Of course, the government should at the same time work hard to prepare a solution that is more holistic and long-term.

However, I had not even completed my explanation of the main points before the deputy governor interrupted to say that there already is an abundance of studies on how to alleviate the city’s congestion. Some in a regulatory form, others involving a rejuvenation of the fleet of city buses and also long-term solutions through better management of macro transportation patterns. But whichever choice is made, these are not short-term solutions, as all would need time. Each proposal has its own weakness and could prompt protests from the public if implemented.

I do understand what the deputy governor was saying about the difficulties the authorities were facing, but as a leader, it would have been great if the deputy governor had been able to listen enthusiastically and respectfully — paying full attention to his conversation partner and allowing him to make his point.

But what happened instead? The deputy governor’s warm and friendly welcome was quickly overshadowed by a situation that was certainly not worthy of a deputy governor and his close entourage. While I was explaining the reasons for the visit that afternoon — to try and help create short-term breakthroughs to curb traffic congestion — the deputy governor was busy typing on his BlackBerry.

I initially thought the deputy governor was busy processing my input, but it turned out that he was in fact communicating with others. Even more painful was that while the deputy governor was busy with his own thoughts, a member of his staff repeatedly interrupted the conversation and addressed the deputy governor using the “loe-gue” jargon for “you” and “me.” I really did not get the impression that I was in the office of a deputy governor. Civility and protocol were simply ignored. This is something that is unacceptable in our culture.

The deputy governor’s attempt to strive for egalitarianism, to not overly crave respect and to try to avoid excessive protocol is commendable and should be supported. However, this does not mean that in a civilized society, the deputy governor’s working environment can do away with the spirit of respecting the institution of a deputy governor as a symbol of leadership. The loe-gue jargon is perfectly acceptable in daily interaction, but it is not appropriate for use in the official environment of a leader like the capital city’s deputy governor.

The encounter offers a valuable lesson for those who have chosen to dedicate their lives to public service: learn to be a role model for the people, learn to listen. And stop complaining and blaming each other, because now is the time to really do something.

Peter F. Gontha is the group publisher of BeritaSatu Media Holdings, of which the Jakarta Globe is a part.

intinya:
-Peter F. Gontha (bos grup media BeritaSatu) ketemuan sama Ahok
-Dia ngasih usul pembatasan kendaraan berdasarkan warna ke Ahok
-Pas lagi ngejelasin, dipotong, dibilang usul dan studi untuk ngurangin kemacetan udah banyak
-Ahok sambil ngetik BB
-Sambil ngobrol, ada staf wagub yang ngomong "lu-gue" sama Ahok
-Peter F Gontha MERASA TERHINA
So my dear fellow, are you simply recommending a suggestion in which I must perform a forward-flip while simultaneously uttering "Wow", is that it?

Kalo usul ane : Buat setiap hari jadi car free day
ah sohib mas bambang trihatmodjo ini sensitif banget sih
Saya lebih memperhatikan poto dan komennya InReal.

Saya nggak bisa bahasa linggis.
jadi maksud nya karena idenya udah pernah di bahas oleh tim ahli ahok, si peter ini merasa terhina karena ketika dia nyampein ide basi nya ini di cuekin ma si ahok

terus apa hubungan nya kalau ajudannya ngomong "lu gue", toh yang di ajak ngomong aja ga marah atau keberatan, kok malah dia yang kesannya sensi
peter f gontha ahli apa?perhubungan?tata kota?lagian usulnya udah kuno dan gampang ditembus tinggal beli mobil murmer beda warna juga beres.

Mo naikin pajak mobil rata2 mobil dari daerah sekitar jakarta. alias aturan pajaknya masuk provinsi sebelah. Batas membatas itu gampang tapi angkutan umum udah siap belom?
kayak si peter gonta ini ga pernah liat klien atau orang yang diajak dia ngomong main bb aja

pembatasan mobil berdasarkan warna... nanti banyak yang beli cat pilox buat mobilnya

jelas dicuekin..ide sederhana ga istimewa dan tidak masuk akal kok mesti ditanggapin serius

cara cuekin kaskus baru gimana yah?
Quote:Original Posted By snowonsummer
jadi maksud nya karena idenya udah pernah di bahas oleh tim ahli ahok, si peter ini merasa terhina karena ketika dia nyampein ide basi nya ini di cuekin ma si ahok

terus apa hubungan nya kalau ajudannya ngomong "lu gue", toh yang di ajak ngomong aja ga marah atau keberatan, kok malah dia yang kesannya sensi

Bahasa Lu Gue kan juga dipakai orang Betawi dan jakarta pada umumnya. Jadi tidak ada masalah
gak usah dipikirkan pak peter. yang sebal dengan kutu loncat Ahok bukan cuma anda, ane salah satunya yg sebel liat kelakuan macam ahok ini.

Di kaskus sebenanrnya juga banyak yg sudah tau kelakuan Ahok, tapi waktu ane tanya kenapa kok gak katakan di thread kaskus. Mereka bilang takut dibata atau takut dikira pasukan nasi bungkus. Padahal di kaskus tidak ada yg namanya panasbung, yang ada hanyalah pasukan kutu loncat.

Quote:Original Posted By kizarusan
gak usah dipikirkan pak peter. yang sebal dengan kutu loncat Ahok bukan cuma anda, ane salah satunya yg sebel liat kelakuan macam ahok ini.

Di kaskus sebenanrnya juga banyak yg sudah tau kelakuan Ahok, tapi waktu ane tanya kenapa kok gak katakan di thread kaskus. Mereka bilang takut dibata atau takut dikira pasukan nasi bungkus. Padahal di kaskus tidak ada yg namanya panasbung, yang ada hanyalah pasukan kutu loncat.

Ha ha ha ah ketemu lagi sama Pasukan Nasi Bungkus. Komeng yang mutu Tong. Jangan menghujat melulu. Lihat diri sendiri
kalau dimari bisa dicap tukang mewek pak peter...
ahok belagu amat baru jd wagub juga

katanya kemaren2 AHOK JOKOWI JANGAN MAU DISETIR YANG PUNYA DUIT

baguslah itu , apa urusanya peter gontha sama ahok

hidup ahok ... ngiri ni yee ...
ikutan ramein dah sama comment2nya di "sono"
Quote:
Tukijan 11:44am Nov 5, 2012
hahaha..that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!
It's like Marie Antoinette telling the poor peasants to eat cake during the flour shortage ( at least she's much better looking than Mr. Gontha ).
Note to Mr. Gontha :
You've been presenting the idea since 2010, and it never took off. It means that the idea sucks !! Get over it, and stop whining.
Long live Basuki and Jokowi !!!!

antifreeze 9:35am Nov 5, 2012
Is It possible that here we are seeing the hand behind those whacky editorials?

ruli 8:52am Nov 5, 2012
Thank you so much, Peter, Berita Satu, and the Jakarta Globe readers for providing me with such a hearty laugh to get through the morning traffic! Please give this post-power-syndrome victim a regular column to throw his toys out of the pram on a weekly basis! Is it too late to book him for JakFringe?
Peter F. Gontha felt insulted because the Dy. Governor treated him as an ordinary person. Good for you Basuki!
So, stop your moaning and groaning.

sadi 4:27am Nov 5, 2012
agree with johny english..i would say, Ahok has small town mentalities and doing big town work .with 11 bberries to answer since pemda has to carry the bills., i am sure Gontha have to understand that he didnt exist in front of Ahok, as the rest of jakarta's residents ,too busy talking on the bberries. can't wait to see how much the phone bills would be.

BajingLoncat 1:03am Nov 5, 2012
This article should be prefaced with a Health Warning. I have nearly died of laughter. Baldness and guts have nothing to do with it. I'm bald as a coot and fatter than a hippo, but I've never ever read anything as funny as this. Oh untimely...

slowburner 10:53pm Nov 4, 2012
this is drivel. One wonders if Gontha penned this weekend's pointless article on ice cream as well as this directionless load of nonsense.

FuadiN 10:39pm Nov 4, 2012

This will be comment of the year.

Whatta [edit] whinning from rich people. Hey dude u re no longer in Soeharto era, that u can just click ur hand and people listen. Wake up man..don't just over-use your Ferrari, Lambo and the fabolous girls

JohnGalt
10:13pm Nov 4, 2012

Quite apart from the appalling arrogance of the first paragraph the lead in to the third leaves one in awe of this mans audacity.

"I am fully aware that I am no expert in city planning, or an expert in overcoming transportation problems. But as a resident of the city, I feel called to contribute to progress." By Whom?

If you are aware of your inadequacy in this area then stick to what you know and you will not get the short shrift out of a very busy officials office for wasting his time.

"noble intention of meeting with his deputy governor" Your Deputy Governor? Who do you think you are?

This sort of statement epitomizes the elitist arrogance that is one of the contributing factors to the state this country is in. Someone who thinks he has a right to interfere in an areas he professes himself to know nothing about, but wants to meddle anyway because he thinks he is rich and should be listened to.

Perhaps the whole thing was to teach you lesson in humility. Epic Fail....

ImanAdisoma
9:31pm Nov 4, 2012

Let's put your words to the test Mr.Gontha:

1. you never ever in your whole life texted other people in a meeting?

2. So basically, you ask people to stop complaining in a published complain letter?

3. Noble intention for Jakarta traffic? Noble is donating all your car and use public transport. Not noble is thinking about solutions while driving through the busway lane in one of your dozens luxury sedans.

The internet is cruel Mr.Gontha, please be smarter.

Antorully
9:29pm Nov 4, 2012

Seriously ?!!! first of all, what a stupid idea! Second of all, stop acting like a spoiled brat, Peter! not only you're embarrassing yourself,but you're also putting the integrity of JG at stake by forcing your poor editors to publish your moaning.

Nullify
9:06pm Nov 4, 2012

This is so incredible to see a balding old man who happened to be a senior staff from Jakarta Globe bitching and whinning like a 16-year old girl. This is clearly a writing from someone with a bruised ego. I can imagine this man leaving the cityhall, in tears, stomping his feet all the way home looking for dear mommy to comfort him. I can't believe Lippo would put someone like him at Jakarta Globe.

BajingLoncat
7:56pm Nov 4, 2012

I am still on the floor, convulsed in spasms of laughter. With great effort, I try to compose myself, but then I look at this article again and I'm back on the floor again. I cannot stop laughing. This should win an award. This is superb comedy.

andsenal
7:44pm Nov 4, 2012

Mr. Gontha, are you kidding me?

BajingLoncat
7:00pm Nov 4, 2012

This is the funniest thing I have read all year! I am crying with laughter! So funny! Toys out of the pram! So the deputy governor has the brains to ignore a dumb suggestion from a Suharto sibling crony. Well done. I cannot believe the Globe published this ludicrously petulant drivel! Please make this a regular column! Next week, send Gontha to Hendropriyono's house to complain about the lack of justice for Munir. Come on Jakarta Globe!

Valkyrie
6:44pm Nov 4, 2012

Ha! Ha! I doubt Peter Gontha will ever try writing another article.

I've said it once before.... the money and power.

Peter, you do not have a reputable past, so why don't you just shut down. Personally, I do not like to reveal some interesting stories. We all grow up. Why don't you?

Normalaatsra
6:06pm Nov 4, 2012

If you feel ignored, you can always gain their attention, let them know who is talking. Don't sit there clueless, Mr. Gontha. In your letter you have not stated that you asked the deputy governor and the entourages to listen to you.

Now you're putting the blame towards them? That's how a child acts when that child breaks something and blames the sibling.

Rikkert
3:17pm Nov 4, 2012

It is sad to see the steady demise of the Jakarta Globe under the management of this arrogant guy who uses it as his own mouthpiece. How low can you go... These are not the old Suharto days anymore! And readers are not so stupid and gullible as you seem to think, Peter Gontha. Why don't you just get on with it and shutter this sad piece of an excuse of a piece of paper (and website)

Earlof.ManSandwich
1:15pm Nov 4, 2012

And I'll wager that Gontha has more than one car and they are not the same color.

Earlof.ManSandwich
1:12pm Nov 4, 2012

The failed media baron continues his ruination of the Jakarta Globe. One wonders how this pompous [edit] treated others during his business endeavors with the Suharto children. By all accounts, Gontha is a vindictive [self edit].

Nullify
9:59am Nov 4, 2012

Peter Gontha is too full of himself. I only came to know him after watching the recorded two interviews he made with Mr. Basuki Tjahaja before the latter became the vice governor. Gontha's body language and line of questionings are so condescending, typical to the old bureaucrats whose time has been long overdue. I will have to talk to the big cheese of Lippo to get rid of Gontha immediately.

maspanji
9:35am Nov 4, 2012

@ Peter F. Gontha, come on mate stop whining remember the good times when you were inside looking out with your buddy that felon Tommy during the old man days? and now you 're outside looking in, what a big difference eh? so grow up!

woundedknee
9:22am Nov 4, 2012

Noble intention? Or perhaps a selfish one? Mr crony most likely can afford to have 7 cars with different colors, one for each day of the week. Ahok probably can see the real reason behind the 'noble intention', which was to solve the traffic congestion for mr crony and his elite friends at the expense of the commoners who can afford to have only 1 or at the most 2 cars. Nice try, but don't pout when Ahok can see through your ruse

Asoegenie
7:24am Nov 4, 2012

Mr Gontha, you have obviously had your days in the sun. After reaching the top, there is only the way down. Accept that with grace, and learn from the fruits of the negative karma you've soon.

Jeanne Hachette
12:55am Nov 4, 2012

Mr Gontha, please let's cut the bs and give up on the sweet Javanese approach. This is the time for action and Jakarta has 20 million experts who have the solution to fix the traffic nightmare (including me lol).

Mysterion
12:33am Nov 4, 2012

And Jakarta Globe has certainly lowered its standard so much. As a regular reader, there's no word in the languages of man to describe how much I'm shocked to see such editorial to be published. A sad day for Indonesian journalism.

Mysterion
12:32am Nov 4, 2012

Dear H.E. Peter F Gontha,

This is a truly disappointing statement, but one is free to make fun of oneself. As an insider I can testify to what happened in the meeting. Just to clarify, the person who called Ahok with "loe-gue" is not his staff, but a trusted friend. And he has every right to call Ahok whatever Ahok is comfortable with. Secondly, yes, Ahok is always busy with his 11 BBs as he made a public vow to reply to text messages and bbms that come from average Jakartans. There are ten million Jakartans who have as much right as you do to communicate with him. Nonetheless, believe me whenever he does that he still pays attention to the meeting. That's what he's been doing since he started public service. Lastly, to be blatantly honest, I personally found nothing new in the proposal you discussed with him in that meeting. In fact, many commoners who sent him text messages with advice have more to say than you did in that one hour meeting.

Yours sincerely,

Disappointed JG reader
biarpun ane pendukung johok ya wajar juga terhina coy
wong buruh aja yg demo demo gak jelas ditambah mintanya aneh2 (gaji 2.7jt) ditanggepin.

walopun berlebihan jg si gontha protesnya ampe lo-gue sama staf aja diprotes

Walopun usul si Gontha gak diterima mestinya ditolak baik-baik lah.
time is money. kalau emang sudah pernah dibahas, yah kenapa mesti repost kayak wartawan ?

mending jadi kutu loncat dengan niatan memperbaiki bangsa, daripada nerima nasi bungkus sebelum pemilu
ah bahasa inggris

kagak ngerti ane gann
Quote:Original Posted By Kamendun
biarpun ane pendukung johok ya wajar juga terhina coy
wong buruh aja yg demo demo gak jelas ditambah mintanya aneh2 (gaji 2.7jt) ditanggepin.

Walopun usul si Gontha gak diterima mestinya ditolak baik-baik lah.

ya jangan salah sangka bos, diterima ya tetep kudu diterima, tapi ditanya2 dulu, masalahnya apa, salahnya dimana. Semuanya dilurusin.
1. Pengusaha kena palak, diberesin.
2. KHL itungannya gak beres, diberesin.
Jadinya kan win-win solution.
gaji 2.7jt mah jelas2 ditolak ahok koq.

Soal usul si gontha, ya itu mah lagu lama.
Usul mobil yg boleh jalan pake warna tertentu, plat nomer ganjil genap, dll.
Gak skalian supirnya cewek or cowok, merk tertentu, cc tertentu, dll....
:
duh kok bahasa inggris...

komen: ngga mudeng saya.saya bukan warga DKI...pokoknya lanjutkan terus pembangunan

Musibah itu Cobaan