Yang Anda Ingin Tahu Tentang Marinir Jepang

Everything You Want to Know About Japan’s Marines
by Kyle Mizokami

[quote=]Japan’s burgeoning amphibious warfare capability has been in the news lately, as Japanese troops have been exercising with U.S. Marines on the island of Guam. This is not exactly a new thing, and has been in the works for some time now. In fact, it probably would have been buried again had the exercises, planned months in advance, coincided with rising tensions over the Senkaku islands.

Marines have been banned in modern Japan because marines take things away from other countries. Like aircraft carriers, they are considered tools of offensive warfare. That is, until Japan needs them. There are marines and there are marines, and Japan has decided that the kind of marines that land on Japanese territory to take them back are okay.

Western Army Infantry Regiment, Camp Pendleton, March 2011. Lisa Mizokami photo.

Japan has been worried about this exact same scenario playing out in the press — activists landing on an island — for nearly a decade. Or rather, they worry about armed activists, terrorists, or foreign troops dressed up as activists or terrorists landing on a Japanese island and illegally occupying it. For regular activists, there’s the Japan Coast Guard. But when the “activists” are equipped with automatic weapons and light support weapons, there must be ground self defense forces personnel trained in amphibious warfare.

Initial training in amphibious operations was undertaken by an unidentified GSDF brigade, possibly the 1st Combined (formerly 15th Brigade) on Okinawa. Eventually the Western Army Infantry Regiment, based in Nagasaki, was tasked the amphibious mission. The location ensures that the WAIR can be quickly embarked on MSDF ships at Nagasaki/Sasebo. The unit would probably be loaded onto one of three Oosumi-class Landing Ship, Tank vessels, which have well decks to accommodate small boats or hovercraft.

JS Shimokita, an Oosumi-class LST. The ship has a full-length flight deck (no hangar) and a well deck that can accommodate 2 LCAC hovercraft.

The Western Army Infantry Regiment is actually of battalion size, consisting of at least three–possibly four–infantry companies. The regiment has no vehicles except for small Toyota jeeps. One company per year is sent to San Diego in the spring for the annual “Iron Fist” exercises where they train with U.S. Marines in a variety of operations, from beach landings to passage of lines exercises. The exercises have been going on since 2006, so if an article tells you the Japanese are still picking up a lot of the basics, it’s probably off-base.
U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sgt. David Cleaves drives a Combat Inflatable Craft carrying Japanese soldiers during Exercise “Iron Fist” near Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, Calif., Jan. 12, 2006.

The WAIR has only limited means for getting ashore. At this time they have only been photographed carrying out landings via Combat Inflatable Craft. The MSDF has Landing Craft, Medium and American-built Landing Craft Air Cushion hovercraft but lacking armored transport, the WAIR appears to favor stealth. Speaking of armored transport, Japan recently announced it is procuring four AAV-7 amphibious assault vehicles of the kind the U.S. Marines use. Such vehicles would afford a platoon of WAIR troops armored protection up to and onto the beachhead.

The SDF is keeping the initial amphibious forces small because it doesn’t want to seem provocative, and because the islands it is training to recover are all fairly tiny. The SDF could buy enough AAVs to transport an entire company, but the islands are all so small a platoon could easily secure them.
[imghttp://jsw.newpacificinstitute.org/files/2012/09/5497310729_a9f2e0c27a_z.jpg][/img]PACIFIC OCEAN (Feb. 25, 2011) Sailors and Marines assist Soldiers from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force, Western Army Infantry Regiment, in launching rigid-hull inflatable boats from the well deck of the amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island (LHD 8). Marines and Japanese soldiers are participating in Exercise Iron Fist, a bilateral training exercise to enhance their amphibious knowledge. (U.S. Navy photo by Aviation Structural Mechanic Airman Justin Joyner/Released)

That is, if the platoon doesn’t take too many casualties. Like a lot of SDF operations, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of redundancy built into Japan’s amphibious forces and plans. This is probably attributable to budgetary concerns, but also to Japan’s pacifist nature, and the idea that the minimum amount of force should be used to resolve a situation. As any student of amphibious warfare knows, casualties can mount up quickly. It’s not for nothing that the U.S. Marine Corps maintains a thirteen man rifle squad.

The WAIR is kind of a go-it-alone infantry force. It has no air support, except for machine guns mounted on JMSDF helicopters. It has no heavy vehicles except for the AAV-7s, which won’t be available for another year. Of course, armored vehicles could always be cross-attached to the WAIR, and it’s convenient that the new Type 10 tank maxes out at 44 tons and can be outfitted with a dozer plow.

C Company, Western Army Infantry Regiment. Camp Pendleton, March 2011. Photo by Lisa Mizokami.

I observed C Company, WAIR in the field in March of 2011 at Camp Pendleton. They were sharp troops, very professional looking. Colonel Hudson, the 11th MEU commander, told me that he thought they were first-rate. C Company was in the States for a month, and most days were taken up by the training schedule. Will they perform their mission well? The GSDF has never been in combat. It’s hard to say. They seem to be well-trained, and are mentored by the most proficient amphibious force in the world. The odds are in their favor. Let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

Source: Japan Security Watch[/quote]

Persiapan kalau eskalasi meningkat

Iron Fist 2011: Talking English and the Alliance in a Nutshell
by Kyle Mizokami

Beberapa pic- nya, Gan

Somewhere, dug in on this hill, were more than 100 heavily armed Japanese troops.

[quote=]Before I knew it there were four Abrams tanks bearing down on the press contingent. Admittedly there were a lot of distractions. I was trying to follow everything around me, and there was the constant noise of helicopters droning above — but I was surprised that I didn’t notice four seventy-ton tanks approach until they were only about two hundred meters away. I immediately understood how the M1 Abrams got the nickname “Whispering Death” in NATO exercises.[/quote]

"No, that's not me. I know it looks like me. It's not."
[quote=]The Marine lieutenant, a look of great concentration on his face, tried to decipher the heavily accented English and emphatic hand signals of the translator. The translator was not a very good translator, and I doubt the lieutenant had ever heard Japanese English before. I watched it all and decided I could do better figuring out what he meant, but not much better. Trying to understand my father’s father had endowed me with only lukewarm powers. I also decided I was glad I was only watching and wasn’t responsible for actually understanding any of it. [/quote]
Ini keturunan SNLF era WW2 ya?
jadi marinir tanggung dong
mo berkembang terbatasi gara2 dosa masa lalu. padahal musuh dah sampe halaman depan rumah
Quote:Original Posted By team5
jadi marinir tanggung dong
mo berkembang terbatasi gara2 dosa masa lalu. padahal musuh dah sampe halaman depan rumah

Ya begitulah nasib mereka mas, tapi untungnya Jepang dilindungin ama amrik kalo ada perang. Saya sih pingin liat kejayan Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun & Wehrmacht balik lagi tp gitulah kenyataan

MAAF SWEAR: Anjing nih Kaskus ngubah site!!!
dulu jepang emang strong di AL, ane banyak baca dan dengar kisah kapal perang yamato.....hebat gan
Quote:Original Posted By dragonlance1
Ini keturunan SNLF era WW2 ya?

Bukan, yang ikut pelatihan justru anggota Ground Self Defense Force.
Jadi doktrin & "trah" nya beda dgn SNLF. Lagipula SNLF banyak yang tewas di era WWII, kalo terdesak mereka tidak pernah menyerah, kalo habis amunisi mereka menyerang pakai pedang.
lagi dong gan infonya.. nanggung segitu doang
JMSDF itu AL terkuat sampai sekarang di ASIA sekalipun India punya 2 kapal induk dan Tiongkok baru mengoperasikan kapal induk

bahkan sampai sekarang PLAAF masih belum bisa menandingi kemampuan JASDF yang hanya memiliki 200 F-15J, ini karena jumlah Su-27/J-11 series PLAAF sendiri baru di angka 300 dan terbagi di 3 sektor sekaligus Utara (Rusia), Timur (Taiwan dan Jepang ) serta Barat (India)
andaikan tak ada perjanjian akhir PDII dengan USA, ceritanya bisa lain dikawasan pasific ini.
Quote:Original Posted By reashot
Ya begitulah nasib mereka mas, tapi untungnya Jepang dilindungin ama amrik kalo ada perang. Saya sih pingin liat kejayan Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun & Wehrmacht balik lagi tp gitulah kenyataan

MAAF SWEAR: Anjing nih Kaskus ngubah site!!!

ya mungkin loe kaga pernah ada, dan indonesia bakalan dijajah lebih parah

ngomong kaga mikir, kejayaan negara laen pengen liat tp kaga kejayaan negeri sendiri

back to topix, jepang ini serba sala, jadinya tergantung banget sama US. kalo sampe jepang bisa lepas dari semua perjanjian kala perang sama US dan mandiri, bakalan gmn ya?

russia, korea, china sudah bakalan menunggu didpn pintu..
Sebenernya perjanjian pasca perang yg membatasi militer jepang berakhir sampai kapan sih gan?

Ane masih bingung, perjanjian ini sebenernya dilakukan jepang dengan Amerika atau pihak sekutu?
Apa bisa Jepang mengingkari hal ini, dan kembali membangun kekuatan militernya menjadi lebih offensif? Dan jika terjadi, apa tindakan Amerika?

Ane dulu pernah baca artikel tentang upaya Pemerintah Jepang untuk mengembangkan kekuatan JSDF, tapi ternyata ditentang oleh pihak oposisi, yang katanya tindakan pemerintah ini melanggar konstitusi, perihal pembatasan kekuatan militer.

Nah, yg ane liat kok kayanya Jepang sendiri yg membatasi kekuatan militernya..
Quote:Original Posted By Kerorosama
ya mungkin loe kaga pernah ada, dan indonesia bakalan dijajah lebih parah

ngomong kaga mikir, kejayaan negara laen pengen liat tp kaga kejayaan negeri sendiri

back to topix, jepang ini serba sala, jadinya tergantung banget sama US. kalo sampe jepang bisa lepas dari semua perjanjian kala perang sama US dan mandiri, bakalan gmn ya?

russia, korea, china sudah bakalan menunggu didpn pintu..

justru begitu US merancang nya..
supaya jepang selalu tergantung kpada US..
klo gag bisa bahaya, baik bagi US maupun negara-negara laen, intinya trauma perang dunia 2 masih belum hilang

Quote:Original Posted By otoy_banget
Sebenernya perjanjian pasca perang yg membatasi militer jepang berakhir sampai kapan sih gan?

Ane masih bingung, perjanjian ini sebenernya dilakukan jepang dengan Amerika atau pihak sekutu?
Apa bisa Jepang mengingkari hal ini, dan kembali membangun kekuatan militernya menjadi lebih offensif? Dan jika terjadi, apa tindakan Amerika?

Ane dulu pernah baca artikel tentang upaya Pemerintah Jepang untuk mengembangkan kekuatan JSDF, tapi ternyata ditentang oleh pihak oposisi, yang katanya tindakan pemerintah ini melanggar konstitusi, perihal pembatasan kekuatan militer.

krna di Jepang sendiri masih bnyak penduduk nya yg trauma dgan perang dunia 2, pokok nya yg berbau perang dehh..
realita nya minat kemiliteran di sana pun rendah..
bisa dibilang, klo FORMIL di sana jauh lebih sepi dibanding klo di Indonesia

kecuali sisa-sisa kaum ultra nasionalis nya
contoh nya, gubernur tokyo yg sekarang
bener2 bangsa asia yang paling maju menurut ane..
untung aja sekutu bisa menang lawan mereka dan bikin perjanjian gitu..
kalo gak.. waduh.. bisa2 jadi romusha semua
Quote:Original Posted By Daniel707
justru begitu US merancang nya..
supaya jepang selalu tergantung kpada US..
klo gag bisa bahaya, baik bagi US maupun negara-negara laen, intinya trauma perang dunia 2 masih belum hilang

seperti negara boneka ya?? tapi pintarnya US, mereka tidak secara terang-terangan mengumumkan jepang spt negara boneka, mungkin mereka belajar sama British melakukan kolonisasi baik dan benar s

Quote:Original Posted By adilia
bener2 bangsa asia yang paling maju menurut ane..
untung aja sekutu bisa menang lawan mereka dan bikin perjanjian gitu..
kalo gak.. waduh.. bisa2 jadi romusha semua

benarnya jepang bisa begt karena mereka dapat menerima pegaruh barat dengan cepat. ditandai dari Restorasi Meiji sampe sekarang, dimana umumnya negara asia sangat susah untuk menyerapnya.

selain itu displin jg mempengaruhi gan.
duh rasa2nya kok lebih gagah n setrong Tentara Kekaisaran dlu..
Quote:Original Posted By otoy_banget

Kayak nya ngga ada batas akhir gan...Amrik pun menginginkan hal ini seterusnya karena masih takut bakal terulang kembali sejarah.

Perjanjian ini dilakukan oleh pihak Amerika yang membuat perjanjian atas takluknya angkatan perang kekaisaran Dai Nippon Jepang sekarang ini dapat mengembangkan dan membangun angkatan perangnya dengan persetujuan amerika tetapi tak dapat menjualnya ke negara lain.

Masyarakat Jepang dan parlemennya masih banyak yang menentang peningkatan kekuatan militernya.selain masih trauma juga mereka merasa terlalu banyak dana yang dikeluarkan untuk militer, apalagi sekarang Jepang masih belum pulih ekonominya akibat krisis eropa.