English Forum Rules:
1. NO INDONESIAN WHATSOEVER UNLESS STATED OR APPROVED BY THE MOD
The key importance is to try to do it in English first doesn't matter how bad it is, when that is no longer sufficient then you can utilize Bahasa Indonesia to clarify it but keep in mind that that we're not here to do homework or assignments, assistance will be given but only after initial work have been done. Last but not least, always strive to use proper English. Do not use corny spelling/words (baidewai, gan, etc) , it is not funny nor is it useful.
2. PLEASE READ THE EXISTING THREADS FIRST BEFORE CREATING A NEW ONE. AN FAQ IS POSTED BELOW FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
Please remember to search in the forum first if that question have been asked and answered or check for the appropriate thread to post it, both in the main and sub forum. Most of the stickied threads are there to ask questions and assistance.
3. PLEASE DO NOT SPAM AND/OR MAKE USELESS THREADS/POST/COMMENT SUCH AS "PERTAMAXXX" OR FULL OF SMILEYS.
- EF is not the place to increase your posts. Junk posts will be deleted, persistent survivors will be banned.
- Posting insignificant replies in multiple threads are considered spamming.
- If you really appreciate the poster then the least you can do is write a couple of sentences to show your appreciation.
- If you can't help then it's better not to post. A post for the purpose of bumping isn't helping.
- General talk should only be done in the EF Lounge Thread, no need to make other threads.
4. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE POSTING IN INDONESIAN PLEASE LET THE USER KNOW THIS FORUM IS STRICTLY ENGLISH
5. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE A PRODUCT/SERVICE OR TO MAKE MONEY, EF ISN'T THE PLACE TO BE.
This includes but not limited to:
- Tutoring Service (Private,Public,Business, etc)
- Website and/or Blog that promotes/offers English Lesson with anytype of compensation (monetary and other kind).
- Selling English materials (books, audio books, e-books, apps, etc).
- Self Advertisement for Traffic / Adsense.
- Promoting a thread that sells english materials
Such post can be made in the "Forum Jual Beli"
6. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST
Extending from #2, this includes but not limited to:
- Posts (new thread and replies) that insults another person's religion, race, views, or English ability will be deleted immediately.
- Any posts that are intended to disturb peace, inflict anger/pain or annoy to others.
- Any materials with mature content.
- There's no need to be rude and use profanity.
- Making posts and replies with ulterior motive and or additional materials that are off topic such as promoting your own thread, requesting/trading grg and things of such nature will not be tolerated.
- Bumping a thread requires a minimal of 24 hours interval and you must post something significant that is valuable to the thread.
- Informative thread yes but be sure to give credit where credit is due.
- Try to avoid making one hit wonders, especially if thread is not sustainable. Continuously making such thread may be considered as spamming.
7. NO CYBER-BULLYING
This includes but not limited to:
The use of alternate accounts, bad reputation (BRP) spam and other Kaskus' feature to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harass and/or harm a particular individual.
8. DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK FIRST !
This forum and its contributors are NOT here to do your homework, assignment, quiz, project, thesis, dissertation, etc. You are more than welcome to ask for assistance or second opinion but you must do your part first before any assistance will be given (to the very least try to Google it). Laziness have no place in EF.
Any violation will result in any combination of the following response(s) in no particular order:
- Post deletion.
- Bad Reputation to the offender.
- Closing/deletion of the thread.
- Permanent/temporary ban.
Regarding English Forum Enthusiast:
An English Forum Enthusiast tag is a recognition to any individuals that have significant contribution to the English Forum. It is also a sign that the Mods is in support of them and have every confidence that they are working for good of the forum.
Each person was under the scrutiny of the Mods for a long time and have no knowledge until the decision has been made. It was a long and tedious process to analyze and find a discerning pattern in their personality and behavior just from looking at their posts. We looked at how they respond to others, how they explain their answer, how they accommodate a question, their choice of words, their follow up, etc. At the end of the process, no stone was left unturned. Once it is decided, we will enter the request for the tag and the notify the person.
Needless to say, people with the tag are hold to a higher standard than a regular user. Although it is a long process to ensure that the tag holders are the cream of the crop, it can also be revoked. The tag does not bestow any other privilege other than "bragging rights" but I am willing to go out on a limb to say that people with EF tags are not doing it to brag they just want to help others.
This may sound corny but I'm going to use a famous quote as a golden rule for EF tag:
"Ask not what EF can do for you - ask what you can do for EF."
You don't ask for a tag, you earn it !!!
These are simple and straightforward rules, if you have any questions please post it here. Report all infractions through this thread, vm or PM us.
iD* & Stu
(as of 9/30/10)