TS
ts4l4sa
[VIDEO] Musisi Indonesia, Joey, Banjir Pujian Media Dunia di Grammy Award 2016
Joey Alexander - 12 Year Old Prodigy | 58th GRAMMYs

Joey Alexander - Giant Steps

Joey Alexander - My Favorite Things

Grammys: Jazz Pianist Joey Alexander, 12, Receives Standing Ovation
8:31 PM PST 2/15/2016 by Jackie Strause

The piano prodigy is the youngest to be nominated for a Grammy Award in the jazz category.

Joey Alexander didn't win a trophy, but he did receive a standing ovation during Monday night's Grammy Awards.

In a room filled with music industry heavyweights, the 12-year-old wowed the crowd to their feet when he played an original composition on the piano. He also performed earlier during the Grammy Premiere Ceremony.

The self-taught Indonesian jazz pianist is one of the youngest performers to ever be nominated for a Grammy. If he had won either of the categories in which he was nominated (best instrumental jazz album and best improvised jazz solo), he would have become the youngest ever to win in the jazz category.

"My dad played a little bit of piano and guitar, but not that professionally," Alexander told NPR about falling in love with the piano. "I saw him play and [felt] like, 'I want to play. I want to try this instrument.'"

Taylor Swift, Adele, Kendrick Lamar and The Weeknd also performed when LL Cool J hosted the Grammy Awards from the Los Angeles Staples Center on Monday night (at 5 p.m. PT on CBS).

Watch Alexander perform "Giant Steps" from his debut album My Favorite Things below.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nder-12-865729

Grammys 2016: Joey Alexander gives amazing piano performance
At 12 years old, Joey Alexander was one of the biggest talents of the night.
Posted February 15 2016 — 11:29 PM EST

Justin Bieber’s younger brother didn’t get a chance to take the stage at Monday night’s Grammys, but someone in his age bracket did: Joey Alexander. The 12-year-old pianist took the stage to show off the chops that make him one of the youngest Grammy nominees in history.

Recording Academy President/CEO Neil Portnow and Common introduced Joey before he joyfully took center stage. “We have to ensure that the work of these gifted artists is truly valued so that our industry not only survives, but thrives for our next generation,” Portnow said.

Alexander, who got a standing ovation from the audience at L.A.’s Staples Center, currently ranks as the sixth youngest person to receive a Grammy nomination — he was up for Best Jazz Instrumental Album and Best Improvised Jazz Solo at this year’s ceremony. His debut album My Favorite Things dropped in May 2015. At the time of his record release, the New York Times called Alexander “the most talked-about one that jazz has seen in a while.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/15...joey-alexander

5 fast facts on Joey Alexander, the child piano prodigy from tonight's Grammys
By Chris Eggertsen
Monday, Feb 15, 2016 11:55 PM

12-year-old Grammy nominee Joey Alexander stole hearts and won a standing ovation at tonight's ceremony with his precocious piano skills and bashful demeanor. So who is he? Here are five quick facts about the child prodigy.

1. He taught himself to play piano at the age of six after his father bought him a keyboard.

“When I got back from work, I saw him playing a very complex melody,” Joey's father Denny Sila told CBS New York in 2014.

2. He's originally from Indonesia.

Alexander was born in Bali and later moved to Jakarta with his parents. They moved to New York City after he was granted an O-1B Visa, awarded to "individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry."

3. He released his debut album, My Favorite Things, last May.

The album entered the Billboard 200 at number 174, making him the first Indonesian act to krack the U.S. album chart. It later peaked at number 59.

4. He was discovered by legendary jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis after the elder musician watched one of his videos on YouTube.

Marsalis subsequently invited Alexander to play Jazz at Lincoln Center's 2014 gala, where he became, in the words of the New York Times, an "overnight sensation."

5. He's the youngest Grammy nominee in history, with nominations for in two categories: Best Improvised Jazz Solo and Best Jazz Instrumental Album.
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/...nights-grammys

Joey Alexander: The Indonesian jazz prodigy who charmed the Grammys
5 hours ago

He may be only 11, but he delivered a performance that brought the audience at the 2016 Grammy awards to their feet in a standing ovation.

Indonesian jazz pianist Joey Alexander is the youngest performer ever to be nominated for the prestigious music award.
He did not win a Grammy but while the young musician performed on stage, the cameras panned across to singer Bruno Mars, who was watching with glistening eyes.

Many from Joey's homeland also expressed their admiration and support for the young star.

You were definitely the star of the show," tweeted Indonesian music composer Sherina Sinna. Movie-maker Joko Anwar also described him as a "hope".

He was born in Bali, Indonesia

Josiah Alexander Sila was born in Bali's Denpasar city to Christian parents Denny Sila and Farah Leonora Urbach, who ran a tourism business.
His parents have described their son's talents as a "gift from God".

There were no formal jazz classes in Bali where he grew up, so the young musician took part in jazz sessions with more experienced performers.

It was then that his parents decided to make the move to the Indonesian capital Jakarta - home to one of the world's largest jazz festivals - to pursue Joey's musical dream.

He went on to win music competitions before his family moved to New York in 2014.

He taught himself to play the piano, at age six

The child prodigy taught himself to play piano at age six, after his father bought him an electronic keyboard.

Joey has said that learning music came naturally for him, thanks to listening to songs from his father's personal jazz collection.

"My dad played a little bit of piano and guitar, but not that professionally," Joey said in an early interview, about falling in love with the piano.

"I saw him play and I said, 'I want to play. I want to try this instrument.'"

The young musician considers Harry Connick, Jr. and Herbie Hancock among his main musical influences, and also admires Clifford Brown and Miles Davis.

There could be something in the blood because he is also the nephew of Indonesian rock singer Nafa Urbach.
He was discovered on YouTube

Renowned Jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, discovered Joey after seeing him perform in a YouTube video in 2014.

Praising the young pianist on Facebook, he then invited him to play at the Jazz at Lincoln Center's gala, making him him an "overnight sensation".

Joey went on to make his US debut, performing at several Jazz festivals.

Then he released his first jazz album

Joey's debut album titled, "My Favourite Things" was released on 12 May, 2015. He was 11 years old at the time of its release.

He became the first Indonesian act to krack the US Billboard album charts, debuting at number 174.

The record re-entered the charts and peaked at number 59 in January 2016.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35584625

#BanggaPunyaJoey
'Meski Tak Bawa Pulang Grammy, Joey Alexander Tetap Jadi Pemenang'
Senin, 15/02/2016 20:10 WIB

Joey Alexander harus melawan para seniornya untuk bisa membawa pulang Grammy Awards 2016. Meski tak bawa pulang Grammy, Joey pun disebut tetap jadi pemenang.

Hal itu melihat torehan sejarah yang sudah diberikan oleh Joey. Pianis berusia 12 tahun itu sukses jadi musisi Indonesia pertama raih nominasi dan tampil di malam puncak Grammy Awards.

"Selamat kamu sudah masuk ke nominasi Grammy Awards 2016. Kita bangga banget sebagai musisi Indonesia, kamu sebagai musisi mewakili Indonesia di Grammy Awards 2016," ucap vokalis Nidji, Giring kepada detikHOT.

"Apapun yang terjadi loe udah jadi pemenang," sambungnya.

Musisi Indonesia pun juga merasa sangat takjub, melihat usia Joy yang masih muda tapi bisa menorehkan sejarah besar di Indonesia. Dan, Joey pun diharapkan bisa terus membawa nama Indonesia di panggung dunia.

"Teruslah membawa harum Indonesia, di umur yang sangat muda kadang saya merasa sedih tapi bangga," ungkap Nino 'RAN'.

Joey sendiri sukses masuk ke dua nominasi Grammy Awards 2016. Penentuan Joey akan dibacakan 15 Februari waktu Amerika Serikat atau 16 Februari waktu Indonesia.
http://hot.detik.com/grammy-award58/...-jadi-pemenang

------------------------------

Ternyata ada juga musisi Indonesia yang berkelas dunia yak!
Syukurlah

emoticon-Angkat Beer
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Urutan
Terbaru
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Komunitas Pilihan